IGNORED

Ken Wimshurst

where's the joy

first time i went to Cardiff we got chased all the way to ninian park, running battles everywhere. gave as good as we got but feral atmosphere.

terrible game on a pitch with more sand than Weston super Mare; we produced as much quality on the pitch as we did on friday night

we lost of course but the solitary goal was a sight to behold; the ball wafted onto Ken Wimshurts head 35 yards from goal and got swept up by the wind and into the net 

we've been crap at Cardiff for so long now i can't remember a point let alone a win. thank god we don't have to go back for at least another year

more worrying is our lack of firepower when Tammy can't escape tight marking, we really need a fit young striker in january

11 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

first time i went to Cardiff we got chased all the way to ninian park, running battles everywhere. gave as good as we got but feral atmosphere.

terrible game on a pitch with more sand than Weston super Mare; we produced as much quality on the pitch as we did on friday night

we lost of course but the solitary goal was a sight to behold; the ball wafted onto Ken Wimshurts head 35 yards from goal and got swept up by the wind and into the net 

we've been crap at Cardiff for so long now i can't remember a point let alone a win. thank god we don't have to go back for at least another year

more worrying is our lack of firepower when Tammy can't escape tight marking, we really need a fit young striker in january

With any luck Gustav Engvall will get fit & get some game time under his belt but I would guess we're already identifying possible striker targets for January in readiness for life without Tammy in the summer.

2 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Saturday evening KO (due to Grand National) as I recall, crazy goal!

Sick of when we play Cardiff in the build up we overplay the Murray 3-1 game. We always set ourselves up for a massive fall. About time look at the present and future and start settling scores on the pitch again because our record since about 2003 against them in my eyes has been frankly embarassing. 

Cannot remember exact year even but late 60`s and early seventies, I do remember the many train journeys from TM and the walks around Cardiff and to Ninian Park; and also to many other old grounds most have all gone now and proper football and all. :( 

Archived