IGNORED

City on the up!!

1bristolcity

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

JP's old man worked for City and he knows all the 72-82 crowd well!

I always laugh at his random City references. Top Man!

They are terrific. If he can`t find anything obvious he`ll sneak in something like a player who`s playing for one of the teams he`s commentating on once missed a penalty v City ten years ago and he saw it.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Can anyone find a link to the show? Or a time for what JP said? I can't find it anywhere

Was in the 1st half of Southampton game, 20 mins or so in IIRC, JP said Bristol City would be champions of Europe soon, then made reference to Gerry Gow, Claridge gave City praise saying they were on the up and made comment about our "Chairman" wanting to get City into the top flight. He was complimentary about the club. I was driving at the time and nearly went into a ditch when I heard Claridge giving us some praise.

I for one have a lot more confidence in the club than I have done for the last 10 years. The club is defo catching media attention this season. Really positive feeling currently, even though we lost to the taffs the other night.

It is great to hear on 693 tonight driving up to Newcastle. Can at least give my geordie colleagues a bit of stick back this season.

Archived