IGNORED

Yacine Bammou or A. N. Other

Ashtonwurzel

Deal for this guy fell through at the last minute on deadline day. Looks like an ideal player for us but is a Moroccan international and will possibly be going to the ACoN's.

Rhodes not getting much game time at Boro but obviously would be expensive, maybe a loan option ?

Decent possibility that we are looking in Europe somewhere, will be interesting to see who we are after.

Any whispers ?

2 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Deal for this guy fell through at the last minute on deadline day. Looks like an ideal player for us but is a Moroccan international and will possibly be going to the ACoN's.

Rhodes not getting much game time at Boro but obviously would be expensive, maybe a loan option ?

Decent possibility that we are looking in Europe somewhere, will be interesting to see who we are after.

Any whispers ?

123 senior appearances, 17 goals, and he's classed as a striker. (According to wiki)

:dunno:

10 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

123 senior appearances, 17 goals, and he's classed as a striker. (According to wiki)

10 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Not good.

What was Wilbraham's strike rate like before he came here? Stats don't tell the whole story. Jamie Vardy only scored 5x the season before last.

There's so much more to take into consideration than just strike rate, maybe he's a targetman.

16 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

A player that no one knows anything about, but already being tipped as 'not good'

Brilliant

As Fastard and Foggy point out, there's more to it than a line on wiki, mins on pitch and assists might just be two of them

Beggars belief doesn't it! You need to at least consider Wiki in light of FIFA 17 and Football Manager rankings to get an informed opinion. 

40 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

A player that no one knows anything about, but already being tipped as 'not good'

Brilliant

As Fastard and Foggy point out, there's more to it than a line on wiki, mins on pitch and assists might just be two of them

Not a good strike rate, said nothing about his ability otherwise.

As others have said maybe down to actual minutes on the pitch. 

On the strike rate, I remember when this initially came up that more informed posters on here said that Nantes (and much of Ligue 1) are by no means free-scoring teams.

Also worth noting that Bammou turned professional very late on, only about 3 years ago I think. From what I've seen I can imagine him being a decent hold up striker, future Wilbraham replacement perhaps.

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

Beggars belief doesn't it! You need to at least consider Wiki in light of FIFA 17 and Football Manager rankings to get an informed opinion. 

While I in no way advocate simply using Football Manager as a judge of a players potential, there are some stories of how real life coaches have used it to look at potential signings.

One time the son of the then Celtic manager took a teenager on loan from Barcalona B in the game and he tore up the division, he recommended this player to his father who made an arrangement for that loan to actually happen.

Except that summer the Argentine teenager broke through into the Barcalona first team and Barca pulled out of the deal, Lionel Messi hasn't done too badly since then, has he?

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

While I in no way advocate simply using Football Manager as a judge of a players potential, there are some stories of how real life coaches have used it to look at potential signings.

One time the son of the then Celtic manager took a teenager on loan from Barcalona B in the game and he tore up the division, he recommended this player to his father who made an arrangement for that loan to actually happen.

Except that summer the Argentine teenager broke through into the Barcalona first team and Barca pulled out of the deal, Lionel Messi hasn't done too badly since then, has he?

Messi was meant for greatness since about 4 years old, think Barca would've laughed a bid away. I see your logic though.

56 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm not dismissing it either: in the right hands. Indeed I think it foolish for clubs not to install a copy... Where else could you get such a mammoth database for such a cheap price? 

27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Just a thought but how many Moroccans have really made the grade in English football ?

More than you might think.

15 have played in the Prem of which Hadji (Coventry) and Kachloul (Saints) were big successes, Chippo (also Coventry) Taraabt (QPR) and Amrabat, a regular now at Watford are the others who are best known.

This guy looks like Wilbs replacement to me, a target man who is decent in the air.

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

More than you might think.

15 have played in the Prem of which Hadji (Coventry) and Kachloul (Saints) were big successes, Chippo (also Coventry) Taraabt (QPR) and Amrabat, a regular now at Watford are the others who are best known.

This guy looks like Wilbs replacement to me, a target man who is decent in the air.

Ok, but my question was "really made the grade". 

Taraabt for example was a very hot & cold player with a lot of issues. Few lived up to their early promise and shone brightly.

On 10/18/2016 at 12:07, Redtucks said:

On 10/18/2016 at 12:08, Ashtonwurzel said:

Not good.

On 10/18/2016 at 12:10, Redtucks said:

Certainly not for a striker.

But what do I know???

The question is what does Wiki know? and the answer is not very much.

He is currently playing on the right side of midfield, he scored a great strikers type goal last Saturday at FC Lorient.

Luckily LJ doesn't sign players based on Wiki he is a little more scientific than that.

FC Lorient at the moment have the stench of relegation at the club, which would be a great pity, they are a great source of talent.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He is currently playing on the right side of midfield, he scored a great strikers type goal last Saturday at FC Lorient.

Luckily LJ doesn't sign players based on Wiki he is a little more scientific than that.

FC Lorient at the moment have the stench of relegation at the club, which would be a great pity, they are a great source of talent.

And a cheaper source of talent if they get relegated and have a fire sale .

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

And a cheaper source of talent if they get relegated and have a fire sale .

Not many top talents left, that is why they are struggling, I don't think money will be an issue to them to be honest, they made in millions in transfers in the past 8 years or so.

I should be going to watch them soon and be able to see first hand.

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What does Wiki know?

As I also said, what do I know?

L'Equipe (on 15th October) shows him with 14 goals from 111 games and as an " Attaquant".

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/FootballFicheJoueur50845.html

So what do they know?

Archived