IGNORED

The Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

It's the Championship. I never expect to win a game in the Championship, no matter who the opponent is.

Sounds like Tammy needs a rest, and Engvall needs to get fit. And a right back who can track his runner. So what we knew already, really.

I wouldn't automatically rush to 4-4-2, watching the Cardiff match it wasn't the formation that was the trouble, it was that we were trying to play everything through the middle, and the wide attacking midfielders didn't utilise the wings. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

This is without doubt the saddest match day thread I have ever written. I have no possibility to even begin to study and research our opposition this evening. Clearly you will all ask why that should be.

Yesterday at 0730 UK time my 95 year old father died. 

Dad was a Burma RAF veteran who served as a Corporal Radio operator directing the Bristol Beaufighters in to bomb the Japanese positions in what ultimately became the longest battle of the Second World War; The Imphal Kohima campaign. Relatively little was written about this long struggle yet the victory that ultimately followed turned the tide of the war in Asia. My father, although one might consider had a great innings, was taken a little before I wanted him to go. He also wanted that letter from the Queen and I wanted to write his memoirs.

He was a life long Bristol City fan. Let us win tonight and win promotion for him, for Gerry Gow for all those who will not see the promised land again.

God bless everyone and god bless my Dad. I miss him too much already; back to Blighty it is for me next week and I shall watch a City match as a result entirely in his honour.

Love to all.

Rich.

Rich, just logged on, sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, as an ex RAF guy myself , another one of our squadron has left us. Accept my condolences. May he find his peace in the great beyond and may you find peace in all your memories. I lost my dad who first took me to AG in 1957 ( and was Fleet Air Arm in the 39-45 War) in 1995 and miss him to this day. God Bless

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

And those people didn't say it wasn't a blip... You've just made that assumption. People are just commenting on the game on a discussion forum, no need to be so condescending it doesn't make you sound smart.

I haven't made that assumption at all , there's always a massive overreaction on here to a defeat especially two on the bounce and it's pathetic imo . If we lose 5 or 6 on the spin fine but we haven't have we. 

1 minute ago, BCFC in my DNA 1957 said:

As it was being suggested. Can LJ do a Warnock and find a out of contract striker? Warnock managed to get 4 when the window was closed.

Must be somebody decent out there to link up with Tammy??

Odemwinghe surely could do a job for us. He apparently is willing to play in league 1.

• Like 1

I think Tammy Abraham has masked how distinctly average a team we really are. Of course we weren't going to win most games but the disappointing thing for me is that our two losses have come from teams 14th or worse with I think two home wins combined this year so far. They aren't good teams but they've gotten the better of us. We are way too quick to go to the long ball. We have all sorts of issues and now that TA(inevitably) has been slowed down we truly see the team we are. 

So if I'm being honest, Tomlin hasn't done enough so far this year. For his fee and wage, we should be getting much more. Bryan and Magnusson have slowly regressed these past 4-5 games. GON needs to be off our free kicks and since the red card I haven't seen him at his best. We have had a fair few players lose form the past few matches and it's a bit worrying. It's not inconceivable we fall back into a relegation fight if this continues another 3-4 games. Harsh but it's the reality of the championship. We were 9 points clear at the start of the night with teams like Blackburn and Villa getting 3. 

• Like 1

Today was a tough game  it Sounds like our luck has ran out  , going from the radio it seems it was  Qpr were the better team especially the 2nd half .

I don't think we are playing any worse then when we won previous games but  Tammy can't do it all on the scoring front. We also haven't scored many goals from free kicks or corners this season. I also think it is time LJ stuck with a consistent midfield and stuck with it. 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I haven't made that assumption at all , there's always a massive overreaction on here to a defeat especially two on the bounce and it's pathetic imo . If we lose 5 or 6 on the spin fine but we haven't have we. 

How is it an overreaction to say the last 2 games were against teams we could have expected something from?.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You got to love our lot, a couple of below par performances and look at all the negative ******* on here . Oh he should bury that or that's not good enough blah blah most on here probably couldn't trap a bag of cement mind. Get a grip for **** sake. 

Thats football fans in general , not just our lot . Get carried away when we're winning and over-react at defeats . Man City's forum is no different .

Thats why we love football ! 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well you panic or flap about it if you want and it makes you feel better but after 40 odd years of following City I won't be. 

Mate as Nick is trying to tell you, you seem to be inventing stuff, please show me where in any of my replies to you I have panicked or flapped, I am merely pointing out that the last 2 games are games we could have expected something from and your best shot is we never beat QPR.

By the way try 50 odd years.

I think it's easy to be negative after a loss but the truth is we just didn't have our flow tonight. QPR made a few changes and I wonder if we were prepared for a different match to the one we got.

I also think a lack of support/relief for Tammy is starting to show and, whilst it is the last thing I expected to say at the start of the season, I think we're missing Little and the width he gives us at right-back.

It's not a disaster but we need to improve. QPR's sub left back looked poor in particular and we didn't capitalise.

On the positive side, I thought Bryan showed a lot of commitment and desire late on but overall we didn't do well enough. But we can and have done much better and will do so again.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How is it an overreaction to say the last 2 games were against teams we could have expected something from?.

Because you shouldn't expect anything against any team especially in this league . If you're 5 or 10%off the pace in this league you'll get beat simple as that . Who do you think we are saying you expect certain results. Like I said delusions of grandeur with some on here. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Translation please.

Meaning I'm more confident of beating a struggling Blackburn side that have won tonight, than I was of beating Cardiff or QPR with both teams being due a win.

Cardiff for reasons we all know was going to be difficult.

QPR not won at home since the first game of the season meant sooner rather than later they were going to beat somebody (us)

Blackburn have been shit all season, so them coming to us Saturday and not as desperate as they were will somehow hopefully work in our favour.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Because you shouldn't expect anything against any team especially in this league . If you're 5 or 10%off the pace in this league you'll get beat simple as that . Who do you think we are saying you expect certain results. Like I said delusions of grandeur with some on here. 

Well said.

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Really? I've not seen many of the recent games, but Magnusson still looked assured to me in the Cardiff match, one mistimed hoof aside.

For me, yes and Magnusson has been one of my favourites. He just hasn't looked as calm to me and I didn't watch tonight I did sound like he was a little nervous on the broadcast. Joe hasn't looked the same since Leeds when he was up against Sacko for 90 minutes. My personal opinion anyway. We won a few of those last games but we haven't looked  the better side in awhile now. Loads of good teams in the division but with the money spent and how everyone talks you expect better a bit more often. I do anyway. I expect better performances against teams like Cardiff and QPR. Every situation is different and I appreciate that but seems like our philosophy has changed a bit to be better defensively which is fine but hasn't quite worked.