IGNORED

Any Other City Fans Never Lived In Bristol?

gater2

I was born in Bristol but was soon taken from the hospital to somerset and have lived in the same house all my life. Support City because my dad did as a boy (Not sure why as he is born and bread in Wells, somerset) also it was at the time the local league team.

I must have lived in Bristol for all of 2-3 days - a lovely time in the Bristol Maternity Hospital (anyone remember that?!).

Parents were living in Blagdon, Somerset at the time so obviously I was taken there and we then moved to Wiltshire when I was one. Have lived in London, Surrey since and am now in Devon and am proud to have spread the BCFC gospel wherever I go.

Dad (a Bristolian like his parents) first took my when I was about 7 or 8 v Liverpool and we won 1-0. He was a rugby fan, but decided to take me to watch the City. Been hooked ever since.

I am pleased that there are some on here who follow City cos there Dad does, as my boy is now 2, and he has not and is not likely to live in Bristol, but I hope he gets just as hooked!

Mind you I did try and persuade the misses that we should go and stay in Bristol around the time he was due so he could be born in Bristol, but she was having none of it. I still don't know why.... :dunno:

Guest bristolbred

As i am now the wrong side of 40, i have spent most of my life away from Bristol!!, :dunno:

Born at the B.M.I., i spent 9 or 10 years in Avonmouth, and it was still part of the City and County of Bristol!!, then as i moved east to Virginia Water, the county of Avon was born, but i've outlived it!!, :yawn:

Anyway, lived in Surrey, then Sunningdale which was in two counties!!, Reading, Wokingham, then Slough!!!, ( yes, life can really get that bad!!) before settling for Castle(ss) Donington. :ProgrammePC:

So thats 3/4's of my life away from Bristol, and i have to spend alot of dosh, and cover a lot of miles to follow the team i love!!, :):)

Can you imagine trying to have this discussion on a ManYoo forum? It'd be 'have you ever lived in Manchester?'

More like have you ever been to manchester :dunno:. I live in Downend which some people consider as Bristol others South Glos but ive also lived in Warmley and fishponds

Guest akahenryviii
I'm from mid-Gloucestershire, and now I live near Reading. Never lived in Bristol itself.

I grew up in Somerset, then moved to London for 5 years, then back to Somerset, and now I am living in Crewe in Cheshire.

City through and through.

Anyone else a Cheshire Red?

I don't live in Bristol, never have and have absolutely no family connections at all to Bristol. I just happen to live 30 miles down the road and City were the first team I was taken to see (by my football manager) when I was a youngster.

Born and bred in Chard. Started following City cos the old man was a coach driver and used to drive a coach from Chard to City when we were in the old first, me and the brother used to go up when the coach wasn't full. Funny story here, me Dad dropped off a coachload once and told them he would pick them up the same place he picked them up for the United game. Unfortunatley he was talking about Leeds Utd and they thought he meant Man Utd, when he got there and know one was there he thought bugger you then and went home. This still gets a mention from some of the blokes after a few beers, like it was my fault! i got home alright!!

Guest warwickshirered

Left the motherland 20 years ago, have lived all over the UK. Always been a red but only in the last 3 years have i been able to get to many matches. Spent many weekends over last few years travelling the UK from Kent (even Wycombe!!!). Hopefully will have moved to Rugby by the first game of this season. :city::cool:

Guest markie-dangerous

born in bristol, moved to brighton area when five (32 yrs back) always have, and always will be city.

Guest torquay red

Never lived in Bristol,first got hooked on city in the 70s early 80s when my cousin used to take me in the eastend[and i lived!]just gutted that Tqy got promoted in a way,i was hoping city were going up last year and so they wouldnt meet.Oh well as long as city beat Tqy in thier match,i would still like Tqy to do well,best of luck to both teams.

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X

neva lived in bristol, was born in doncaster,moved 2 lincoln wen i was little,then moved here: burnham-on-sea!!

my mum was born in bristol,but she is a gashead.

i became a city fan wen mi dad took me 2 see city! cant remember wen..but since then have loved BCFC!

Lee Miller - U sexi lil fang :city:

Worked in Bristol in 96/98, which is when I fell in love with the Mighty Reds but have never lived there. Born and bred in Sarf Lunnon, now live in North Devon, where most of the locals support whichever premier team is top at the moment with Plymouth as their second team. Annoying increase in the number of horrible green shirts around at the moment, but our time will come .... :city:

I was brought up in Guildford Surrey and attended my first match in 1968 (I am now 42)My old man comes from Hotwells (before it was trendy-know what I mean) but moved to Gulidford in 1955 this will be his 50th season comming to almost all home games and many away and my 37th... although I live in Oxford now (marginally closer) its still alot of miles but am at most games block B row P of the Grandstand (I mean Williams)and would hradly have a clue how to find Bedminster from AG (Funny old life innit)

Guest kendal_red
Anyone near Preston, Lancs? Next season, give us a shout when your off to a match. Also, I know a place that does City's televised matches on the Big Screen. Sweet.

I'm from Kendal pal & will deff be doing many games next season :city:

I grew up in Somerset, then moved to London for 5 years, then back to Somerset, and now I am living in Crewe in Cheshire.

City through and through.

Anyone else a Cheshire Red?

Apologies for the username (you can have it if you wish) I moved to Lancashire in January. Before that lived 6 miles from Crewe in Sandbach. There are four others in Sandbach (including a lad who helps run the best chippie in the area (Top of the Hill Chippie). The others mainly use the message board on http://www.bristolcitynet.co.uk

I was brought up in Guildford Surrey and attended my first match in 1968 (I am now 42)My old man comes from Hotwells (before it was trendy-know what I mean) but moved to Gulidford in 1955 this will be his 50th season comming to almost all home games and many away and my 37th... although I live in Oxford now (marginally closer) its still alot of miles but am at most games block B row P of the Grandstand (I mean Williams)and would hradly have a clue how to find Bedminster from AG (Funny old life innit)

Pick me up on the way, A6 between Lancaster and Preston. Tomarse's lass is at Uni in Lancaster and I believe Southport_red's daughter is also going there in September.

I live in Malaysia now, but i did live in Bristol and was a Gate local, I remember great times getting ###### up in the Wedlock before a match.....ah happy days  :city:

Where in Malaysia? KL?

Spent 3 weeks touring round Malaysia with some mates about six years ago. The best holiday of my life. Based in Subang Jaya (?) in KL but travelled to, Penang, Langkawi, Singapore, Langkawi. Love to go back one day.

Where in Malaysia?  KL?

Spent 3 weeks touring round Malaysia with some mates about six years ago.  The best holiday of my life.  Based in Subang Jaya (?) in KL but travelled to, Penang, Langkawi, Singapore, Langkawi.  Love to go back one day.

I'm not surprised you had a good time in Malaysia it's one of the most under-rated places in the world.

Yes, i live in Kuala Lumpur, just off Jalan Awan Cina if you know it.

Only recently moved out there actually, like yourself i spent about a good few week in Asia and fell in love with the place so i decided to find a job and up sticks.

Well now is a good time to visit Asia, your Pound gets you very very far, most people who go out there generally go out again and give the Spain elbow, it really is that cheap.

not sure where Subang Jaya is, i'm still struggling to remember where i live :P

Archived