IGNORED

Severnside

Cider red

What are peoples views on this?? Now before you bite my head off i know there is a forum for this but you cant have a debate on it. I personally think its a ridiculous idea, the area is intoxicated and is miles away from bristol. We would loose a lot of our fanbase from local areas and it would cost a lot for the club to set up decent transport. I think we should redevelope ashton gate as planned at the end of this season , or as soon as possible , because if we get promotion i dont think we will be relegated and we can build on that and maybe be challenging for promotion to the prem in a few years! :clap::clap:

Guest Lockerman

We would lose a lot of fans from local based areas !

If this is the case then they cannot call themselves true city fans, I myself travel from Weston foe every match, and I also speak to people who travel from Newton Abbot, Leicester, and Watford for matches, these are not local based fans, so to travel from the Bedminster area isn't that far really, so why should we lose nay of our fan base.

Ashton Gate is the home of Bristol City Football Club and always will be in my oppinion. I for one do not want to go and share a ground with ANYONE nevermind the proposal being to share it with the Gas.

I think we should set about re-developing the Gate and s#### these Severnside ideas but if the plans went ahead it would never stop me from supporting the boys.

So, if they were true City fans in the local area neither would it stop them.

We would lose a lot of fans from local based areas !

If this is the case then they cannot call themselves true city fans, I myself travel from Weston foe every match, and I also speak to people who travel from Newton Abbot, Leicester, and Watford for matches, these are not local based fans, so to travel from the Bedminster area isn't that far really, so why should we lose nay of our fan base.

But if there is poor transport or none the local fans who walk to the game and dont have cars may not be able to get there.

Guest Lockerman

I would like to point out that I do not want to move to Severnside either and would like to see Ashton Gate transformed.

But as you talk about transport, things are becoming more and more difficult to park near the ground anymore, I for one arrive at 12:00 on match days and go and have something to eat just so that I can park near the ground.

So moving to another ground where their will be on site parking has got to be an advantage for some especially as the traffic problems will not get any easier.

Thats because you have to, and the majority of City's regualr attenders live within south Bristol. And If I lived in newton abbot I would probably feel the same way, as thats a long way to travel.

City is based in south Bristol and as far as I'm aware of always has, so why should that change?

Archived