IGNORED

once again....that Ref!

Antman

36 minutes ago, Chivs said:

:blink:

So he wrongly booked their player when he played advantage for Wilb's goal?

Think it just refers to sending offs. However say a scenario, defender on a yellow already. Attacker through on goal 10 yards or so outside the box, defender as a last ditch effort clips his legs, brings him down but player scrambles back up quickly and can continue. Now its a yellow card offence however the player still has a clear chance with the keeper, if the ref plays on, so the chance isn't scored can the ref really not book him?

He also made a Blackburn player leave the pitch after receiving attention from the physio, even though the city player was booked!. Nobody told him of the rule change this season? Appalling ref whose sole purpose seemed to be to stop the game. Hopefully the assessors will kick him off the list.

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Why was the game brought back at the very start?

He did get 2 things right:  a clear Flint foul late in the second half that would have had Flint sent off.  Luckily he waved play on and it went on so long I guess he'd forgotten the original foul.

Secondly, Blackburn wasted so much time it should have been 6 minutes extra but he thankfully compromised o 4.

Flint could have walked for that foul early second half as well.  

Woah back up there just a minute. So basically you are all OK with peeing in the shower?  What if it's somebody else's shower?  What if somebody else pees in your shower? Is that OK as long as you are not in it?  I hope at least you all draw the line at peeing in the bath.

Yours,

Today's Ref.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

He booked the player who fouled Tammy in the build up to the goal

Did he? I must've missed that.

After Wilbs put the ball in the net, I kept my eye on the ref cos I was convinced he was going to find some reason to disallow it.

City 1 Rovers 0 -  sounds pretty good to me.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I thought one of the worse decisions was when Blackburn wanted to bring on their third sub.

Blackburn about to take goal kick

Ref looks at the dug out ignores the board

goal kick taken

then blows for the substitution  and then gets the goal kick taken AGAIN

All I could hear in my head was the Talksport feature "Heads Gone". 

Very poor officiating today. 

3 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Why was the kick off retaken? I thought it could go backwards or forwards? He set the tone from that point. 

Because Tomlin didn't pass the ball, he just went on a dribble, in other words he touched the ball twice ( well, about 10 times actually!)

It can go backwards or forwards yes, but it has to be touched by another player after the kick off.

3 hours ago, North London Red said:

Also, what happened with the kick off having to be retaken? On a side note, why are we the only team still using two players for the kick off - every other team in the country seems to be aware of the law change (i.e. you only need one player in the centre circle for kick off) but we either seem unaware of it or are ignoring it. 

See post above! Also, having two players at the kick off gives you the choice of going forwards, with one you must go backwards, unless you knock the ball out to a winger to run on to.

13 hours ago, BITW said:

Obviously the advantage for the goal worked in our favour, but I felt it was a poor decision at the time. 

Brilliant by Wilbs to score from there but he had nothing on with 3 defenders around him. About time a wrong decision went for us! 

I was mid-sentence moaning about the same thing when the goal went in!

12 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

He also made a Blackburn player leave the pitch after receiving attention from the physio, even though the city player was booked!. Nobody told him of the rule change this season? Appalling ref whose sole purpose seemed to be to stop the game. Hopefully the assessors will kick him off the list.

Glad I'm not the only one who spotted that....was beginning to think I'd imagined that rule change!

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Two other "decisions" I think he got wrong.

First half when we took a corner and he was in the "flight line" of the crossed ball.

Then when a Blackburn Rovers player hand balled the ball,which only the Dolman could see

and he heard HANDBALL and gave City a free kick.

He didn't give us the free-kick for the handball...was one of the only times I defended him, because giving that would've been wrong....but he did give us a very cheap free-kick just after which did smack of only being awarded because he didn't see the handball.

Although it worked on our favour for the goal, I think it was technically a very poor advantage to give. It left Wilbs on his own. I wonder if Wilbs had subsequently been dispossessed because he was outnumbered, whether the referee would then have brought play back for the foul on Tammy. That's the proper way to play advantage - wait to see if there actually is one. Someone how in the case of this particular referee, I doubt he would have done!

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Although it worked on our favour for the goal, I think it was technically a very poor advantage to give. It left Wilbs on his own. I wonder if Wilbs had subsequently been dispossessed because he was outnumbered, whether the referee would then have brought play back for the foul on Tammy. That's the proper way to play advantage - wait to see if there actually is one. Someone how in the case of this particular referee, I doubt he would have done!

He was obviously going to book their player and did after we scored so I think he would have given the free kick if Wilbs had lost the ball. We`ll never know though and I`m glad we didn`t have to get all wound up just to see a free kick on the edge of the box blazed over as usual!

7 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

We had this ref before and in fairness he has been okay.

One of those days  when for what ever happened he just had a bad day.

I am sure when we all played we had bad games when for what ever reason nothing went right I think it was the same for him.

One of the Fulham games at the Cottage I think? ...he was on telly yesterday though and was probably looking to make an impression....he certainly did that....great impression of an inconsistent ref! 

6 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Two other "decisions" I think he got wrong.

First half when we took a corner and he was in the "flight line" of the crossed ball.

Then when a Blackburn Rovers player hand balled the ball,which only the Dolman could see

and he heard HANDBALL and gave City a free kick.

That was a rehearsed corner routine....I could see GON inching forward and then as Paterson took it he really made up the ground.  Unfortunately the ref got in his way, and caused his bad touch.  He'd have volleyed for goal if not.  Was wondering why Paterson was taking in with Freeman playing, but all was evident after.

14 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

We had this ref before and in fairness he has been okay.

One of those days  when for what ever happened he just had a bad day.

I am sure when we all played we had bad games when for what ever reason nothing went right I think it was the same for him.

Yes, can't believe he could always be that bad.  I can accept a ref getting the odd hairline decision wrong, but yesterday he made so many mistakes of simple nature.  The goal-kick / sub was a fiasco, their keeper couldn't believe his luck...boy was he slow yesterday.

i'm not sure whether we get to see the communication between Ref and Lino as much is now done over mouth and earpieces- not flag waving.  It would help us fans if they used their flags, but they don't want to commit their decision without comms with the ref.  It causes confusion!

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I thought this as well. Delighted it went in of course but it wasn't much of an opportunity for AW. He did very well to even get a shot away.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

That was a rehearsed corner routine....I could see GON inching forward and then as Paterson took it he really made up the ground.  Unfortunately the ref got in his way, and caused his bad touch.  He'd have volleyed for goal if not.  Was wondering why Paterson was taking in with Freeman playing, but all was evident after.

Yes, can't believe he could always be that bad.  I can accept a ref getting the odd hairline decision wrong, but yesterday he made so many mistakes of simple nature.  The goal-kick / sub was a fiasco, their keeper couldn't believe his luck...boy was he slow yesterday.

i'm not sure whether we get to see the communication between Ref and Lino as much is now done over mouth and earpieces- not flag waving.  It would help us fans if they used their flags, but they don't want to commit their decision without comms with the ref.  It causes confusion!

Dave I think you got it spot on. When we have had a good ref the assistants have always been helping him throughout the game. I didn't see that yesterday .

I can't believe all four officials forgot the rule that the Blackburn player who was injured didn't have to go off because he booked our player.

Just an all round bad day for the officials yesterday which had we lost would have been dreadful but as we nicked the points for once no damage done.

Archived