IGNORED

Two up front

Full nelson

We don't have the personnel to play 2 up front. Only 3 strikers. One is 37 and can't play 90 minutes. Another hasn't stayed fit. Tomlin in the centre is basically our second striker anyway. The way we are playing is fine. Just need to get a bit more movement from our front 4 and the amount of strikers will be irrelevant. 

I would love to see two up top, especially at home. However, LJ's hand is being forced at the moment, Alby can't compete for 90 mins and Engvall isn't quite ready yet.

It's no secret that another striker is a priority, and if we are still top six in January we should be able to recruit well.

Tammy is great but unfortunately the gap is too big between him and LT at times! And when he gets muscled off the ball we are under pressure again. LJ will surely have to go two up top against Brighton as their two cb's will have TA under control and will win everything in the air once the long ball game starts being played due to Brighton frustrating our passing game. Yes we have 3 strikers but with one coming in January (probably) will that signing even play? 

On 23/10/2016 at 12:52, Shtanley said:

O'Neil

Smith Reid

Tomlin

Tammy Wilbraham 

I like it. I think playing Engval with Wilbs on the bench would be even stronger. 

I like Paterson too, but having him as an option if Reid isn't being ineffective. 

Two (effectively three) up front didn't work that well as all the strikers stayed central and there was a lack of width until they went 3-4-3 later on. I can see what LJ was aiming for but trying to get Abraham, Wilbraham and Tomlin in the team left them weak elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Two (effectively three) up front didn't work that well as all the strikers stayed central and there was a lack of width until they went 3-4-3 later on. I can see what LJ was aiming for but trying to get Abraham, Wilbraham and Tomlin in the team left them weak elsewhere.

The problem here is Wilbs, great for use as a sub but should never be starting games as has not get the movement or energy. Now Engval, based on his showing against Hull, certainly does have...

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

The problem here is Wilbs, great for use as a sub but should never be starting games as has not get the movement or energy. Now Engval, based on his showing against Hull, certainly does have...

Delighted to say that having just watched Wilbs play a cracking 90 minutes he can start games and he has both movement and energy. Played very well today...one of our better players.

Archived