IGNORED

Leaving The Field After Treatment

Bob Binalong

Yesterday a Blackburn player was made to leave the field after treatment when a City player (Patterson I think) was shown a Yellow Card for the foul.

The new rules are: 'If a player is injured from a challenge which is punished by a red or yellow card, he can have quick treatment on the field of play and does not have to leave'

Nobody, including the officials and the Blackburn team made any protestation.  Have I missed the point?

4 minutes ago, Bob Binalong said:

Yesterday a Blackburn player was made to leave the field after treatment when a City player (Patterson I think) was shown a Yellow Card for the foul.

The new rules are: 'If a player is injured from a challenge which is punished by a red or yellow card, he can have quick treatment on the field of play and does not have to leave'

Nobody, including the officials and the Blackburn team made any protestation.  Have I missed the point?

Don't think that ref even new the old rules!

1 hour ago, Bob Binalong said:

Was it quick though?

I do. I wanted to know if I have the wrong information about the rule change. None of the Blackburn staff supporters or the match officials took any notice.  Their supporters didn't react in any way. I would have thought as a minimum the physio would have been briefed about the new rule and not simply led him off the field after treatment.  Do our support staff know the rules if it happens to us?. It nearly always causes comment on TV as as silly rule and now there is a mitigation teams don't know about it. I heard a similar thing on a radio commentary in the Premier League a week or so ago

10 hours ago, Bob Binalong said:

Maybe the reason Blackburn didn't make a fuss about this was because it gave them a further opportunity to time waste.

In the second half we had a player down about a meter or two from the touch line, our physio was stood there waiting to come on as the player clearly needed attention. The ref was stood over the player and made the physio wait a good 30 seconds before coming on. I thought it was very bizarre. 

Archived