IGNORED

Arrive Early Tomorrow?

Up The City!

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Have you tried to get anywhere in the Bristol area after about 4pm today? It was chaos for several hours :sad26:

Yep, heard on the radio that the m32 inbound was crap tonight, hence my desire to leave Downend at 17:00 tomorrow.  Working from home tomorrow, so don't have the get back from Swindon (spit).

13 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'm travelling from Redland, should I think about getting a hotel room in bemmy tonight, just to be safe?

Probably for the best! I live about 3 miles from AG, I'll still be leaving home 2 and a half hours before kick off to make sure I don't sit in traffic for ages like I did tonight. 

39 minutes ago, TrowVegasCidered said:

Why don't you walk?

I'll have a teenager with me. It's mostly down hill on the way, but I don't fancy walking back up Headley Lane in the dark at 10pm with a teenager who is my foster son, and has some difficulties because of the life he's had, so doesn't always act in a sensible, age appropriate way through no fault of his own. 

Short answer, its much quicker to get home in a car after the game. 

That alright with you? :) 

10 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I'll have a teenager with me. It's mostly down hill on the way, but I don't fancy walking back up Headley Lane in the dark at 10pm with a teenager who is my foster son, and has some difficulties because of the life he's had, so doesn't always act in a sensible, age appropriate way through no fault of his own. 

Short answer, its much quicker to get home in a car after the game. 

That alright with you? :) 

Of course, perfectly sound logic! apologises if came across flippant.

safe trip tomorrow.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

back to the original point, get there early because when you are queuing out past KFC at 7.42, having arrived at 7.15, don't ask if kick off will be delayed because the answer is NO!

Yes this was the whole point of my post because I can see this is going to happen. But also people do need to bear in mind the traffic problems Bristol is suffering.

Ive not really had any problems this season getting to the game. I go up over the downs and then down Bridge Valley Road, onto the Port way and then it's been pretty clear the rest of the way to the ground.

Here's a tip never join the left hand lane after the Basin as that's always rammed. Keep going as if your going to Weston. As you approach the former Merc Garage turn left as if your going to Portished but don't take the Portished turning just keep heading towards Ashton Gate and you will be able to cut into the left lane at some point.

50 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Here's a tip never join the left hand lane after the Basin as that's always rammed. Keep going as if your going to Weston. As you approach the former Merc Garage turn left as if your going to Portished but don't take the Portished turning just keep heading towards Ashton Gate and you will be able to cut into the left lane at some point.

And you're one of those people who do my nut in, deliberately being in the wrong lane. Nearly as annoying as those who go down to the roundabout and then circle right round it to get into the left hand lane. :bruce_h4h::grr:

59 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

And you're one of those people who do my nut in, deliberately being in the wrong lane. Nearly as annoying as those who go down to the roundabout and then circle right round it to get into the left hand lane. :bruce_h4h::grr:

Those people are worse than the people who take a minus offer on the chase

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

But still not as annoying as the people who go down to the roundabout in the right hand lane and just carry straight on and cut in without even bothering to do the circle ! 

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Excellent. It might also be a good idea to park across two spaces on arrival so it is easier to pull out afterwards. Best still, why not park across two disabled spaces as they are usually more convenient.

What other helpful top tips do OTIB'ers have for an easy life?

12 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

No probs, I wasn't being stroppy, was just explaining my reasoning. :) 

12 hours ago, TrowVegasCidered said:

Of course, perfectly sound logic! apologises if came across flippant.

safe trip tomorrow.

Whoah, stop acting like Adults you two! This is otib, I demand bitching!

13 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Yes this was the whole point of my post because I can see this is going to happen. But also people do need to bear in mind the traffic problems Bristol is suffering.

Ive not really had any problems this season getting to the game. I go up over the downs and then down Bridge Valley Road, onto the Port way and then it's been pretty clear the rest of the way to the ground.

I'm often riding my motorbike in the left lane, so when the traffic there is rammed I can still head towards Portishead. However at least once a week I am cut up by someone doing as you do in their cars who seemingly prioritise their journey over my life and they move over anyway as they are running out of road. I will kick your car if you do so to me 

45 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'm often riding my motorbike in the left lane, so when the traffic there is rammed I can still head towards Portishead. However at least once a week I am cut up by someone doing as you do in their cars who seemingly prioritise their journey over my life and they move over anyway as they are running out of road. I will kick your car if you do so to me 

I always check mirrors and blind spots so your safe with me on the road. 

4 hours ago, BCFC Taunton1 said:

What's the traffic usually like coming in from Gordano towards bemmy cricket club, haven't been to a night game in a long while and last time it was queued down over the hill for ages.

You'll be queuing from the traffic lights at the top of the hill by Clifton, slow moving traffic for about 30/40 mins coming in this way. If you're coming up the M5, I find it easier nowdays either getting of at Weston and going up A370, or getting off at Clevedon and going through Tickenham/Failand.

Archived