IGNORED

Legal Ages To Drink?

Bow_Legged_Chicken

Right does anyone know the ful ldetails of ages that you can drink at?

I thought the law was summat along the lines of..........

18 to buy the alcohol.

You can buy it at 16 as long as your sat down having a meal.

you can have it at home from the age of a stupid young age like 6 or summat.

you can have it at a restaurant with guardians over 18 from the age of 14.

So what if you were on a minibus with a responsible adult? what age then?

Is it also that you can't drink alchol on a coach /car /minibus whilst travelling to a football match, whether official or unofficial? It's one of those grey areas that is almost impossible to monitor. But if the police do pull your minibus for a search on the way to the match and find alchol, the fines ( for the driver) are very steep. I think this is the case but I'm not too sure.

:sport18:

Is it also that you can't drink alchol on a coach /car /minibus whilst travelling to a football match, whether official or unofficial? It's one of those grey areas that is almost impossible to monitor. But if the police do pull your minibus for a search on the way to the match and find alchol, the fines ( for the driver) are very steep. I think this is the case but I'm not too sure.

hmm

dont sound to good

so if a minibus with people aged 16-17 has people drinkin on, the driver, who is over 18. gets in alot of trouble

HMM!

Formerlly Young Cider REd

Guest lydneyred

It is illegal to drink on the way to a sports ground, even if you are in a car with the owners permission to drink! The police when they stop you are meant to take the booze away, many out of spite will pour it away in front of you. My ex used to give fans a warning that they weren’t supposed to be drinking in the minibus/car etc and leave it at that but one of his colleagues would deliberately take the drink away and pour it down the drain (including the unopened cans!!).

Archived