IGNORED

Sad announcement - please read

On 26/10/2016 at 11:37, Taxi for Rennie said:

As Taxi For Rennie, all I ever wanted was to contribute to the OTIB community and to be loved by other posters.

This proved far harder than I ever imagined.

It has taken years to achieve a small amount of what I dreamed would be possible.

It has been very hard for me. I have suffered abuse, ridicule, and often my opinions have not been respected. But I did not give up.

Today, I feel I have achieved all that I can achieve on our wonderful forum. With the help of a few friends - probably, in all truth, the only imaginary friends I have in life - I have achieved a Community Reputation of 1,000.

Having left school at the age of 14, and struggled to achieve anything in what has been a lonely and mainly unhappy life, this has been something I will always remember achieving. Something I can be proud of. Something "I" did.

On reflection today - amidst the fleeting happiness - I have come to the conclusion that the mental and emotional costs are simply too much for me to bear. Moments of joy and elation do not compensate for the periods of depression and enduring sense of hopelessness I feel.

Perhaps it is a sense of love and attachment that could and would not ever be possible for a forum to reciprocate.

:crying:

All a really want to say is ................

Goodbye OTIB, and thank you for the happy memories.

Don't forget me?

Uncle TFR

:mf_sleep: 

His sanity departed aeons ago.

It was losing his true love to a young stripling called Colin.

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 11:37, Taxi for Rennie said:

As Taxi For Rennie, all I ever wanted was to contribute to the OTIB community and to be loved by other posters.

This proved far harder than I ever imagined.

It has taken years to achieve a small amount of what I dreamed would be possible.

It has been very hard for me. I have suffered abuse, ridicule, and often my opinions have not been respected. But I did not give up.

Today, I feel I have achieved all that I can achieve on our wonderful forum. With the help of a few friends - probably, in all truth, the only imaginary friends I have in life - I have achieved a Community Reputation of 1,000.

Having left school at the age of 14, and struggled to achieve anything in what has been a lonely and mainly unhappy life, this has been something I will always remember achieving. Something I can be proud of. Something "I" did.

On reflection today - amidst the fleeting happiness - I have come to the conclusion that the mental and emotional costs are simply too much for me to bear. Moments of joy and elation do not compensate for the periods of depression and enduring sense of hopelessness I feel.

Perhaps it is a sense of love and attachment that could and would not ever be possible for a forum to reciprocate.

All a really want to say is ................

Goodbye OTIB, and thank you for the happy memories.

Don't forget me?

Uncle TFR

:mf_sleep: 

Horace says don't let the door slam on your way out.

Archived