IGNORED

All's not Well at Oakwell as sickness bug hits Barnsley

Curr Avon

Oakwell sickness bug hits Barnsley

Barnsley are hoping a sickness bug at Oakwell does not disrupt plans for this weekend’s visit of Bristol City in the Championship.

Josh Scowen, Tom Bradshaw and Marc Roberts have all been ordered to stay away from training as boss Paul Heckingbottom tries to prevent any more players catching the bug.

“We have got a bit of diarrhea going round the club, so we have a couple we are trying to keep away from the rest of the squad as we can’t afford to have anyone else sick,” said Heckingbottom.

“It happens, and we are just trying to isolate them and keep them away from the club.

“We don’t want people picking up a bug they don’t need to pick up. “We have Scowen - who is suspended - Bradshaw, Roberts ill, they are the three at the minute.”

Of those three, Scowen is banned for Saturday after his red card against Fulham, Roberts is injured, but Heckingbottom is hopeful striker Bradshaw will shake off the bug.

The Reds will also have to cope without the influential Conor Hourihane, as the captain serves a one-game suspension after picking up five bookings.

“Hourihane is captain, has been playing well this season, and is a big loss for us,” said Heckingbottom.“But as we always say, it’s an opportunity for someone else to come in and impress.”

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-fc/oakwell-sickness-bug-hits-barnsley-1-8204444

Mind games from Barnsley? I've heard all of this many times before from other clubs and too many City fans then start to believe that we just have to turn up for the three points.

Injuries, suspensions, illness might be there but I bet they still cobble together a squad that will not easily roll over! We'll still need grit and hard work to get anything out of this game.

5 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Oakwell sickness bug hits Barnsley

Barnsley are hoping a sickness bug at Oakwell does not disrupt plans for this weekend’s visit of Bristol City in the Championship.

Josh Scowen, Tom Bradshaw and Marc Roberts have all been ordered to stay away from training as boss Paul Heckingbottom tries to prevent any more players catching the bug.

“We have got a bit of diarrhea going round the club, so we have a couple we are trying to keep away from the rest of the squad as we can’t afford to have anyone else sick,” said Heckingbottom.

“It happens, and we are just trying to isolate them and keep them away from the club.

“We don’t want people picking up a bug they don’t need to pick up. “We have Scowen - who is suspended - Bradshaw, Roberts ill, they are the three at the minute.”

Of those three, Scowen is banned for Saturday after his red card against Fulham, Roberts is injured, but Heckingbottom is hopeful striker Bradshaw will shake off the bug.

The Reds will also have to cope without the influential Conor Hourihane, as the captain serves a one-game suspension after picking up five bookings.

“Hourihane is captain, has been playing well this season, and is a big loss for us,” said Heckingbottom.“But as we always say, it’s an opportunity for someone else to come in and impress.”

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-fc/oakwell-sickness-bug-hits-barnsley-1-8204444

Why was this thread not started by NEVER TO THE DARK SIDE? Is (s)he ill? Has (s)he caught the bug, too? Perhaps by flying up there early?

20 minutes ago, DAVETHERAVERED said:

Well it' a good game to sing everytime a Barnsley players touches it YOUR SHIT AAAAAAH :laugh:

Why would you want to specifically sing about each individuals biological waste..?! 

Surely a more generic "YOU'RE SHIT AAAAH" would be less odd..?

We are down to the barest of bare bones. Hourihane, Scowen, White and Roberts have been massive for us in 2016. We have one first-team central midfielder available. So we'll either have to slot in a defender or give a debut to a teenager. 

But I'm looking forward to it nevertheless. No excuses needed. 

7 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Hope we give them a good hiding, so many of them have come across bitter on this forum and twitter. Cant see it, but would be great to beat them, think all that about sickness bug is mind games to be honest.

LJ left them for us, shit happens I suppose.

I don't know of one single bitter Barnsley fan regards him going to Bristol. Not one.

Most were happy that he'd gone or indifferent to it. Any animosity is regarding a perceived lack of loyalty to our owner who stuck with him after 8 league defeats in a row and an FA Cup exit at Altrincham. But I don't hold that grudge myself. Lee says Bristol City is his club and he'd have left any other to return. Fair enough in my book. And look what we achieved once he left. So I don't see any bitterness. 

Lee's doing well at AG, Hecky is doing well at Oakwell. Happy ever after.

Archived