IGNORED

Gross misconduct in City media department

Olé

18 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I might be in the minority, but I don't care, because as far as I am concerned there is only one team in Bristol. 

Indeed if we say it enough, then another team wanting to play in the city would have to take the Liverpool approach, and call yourself something completely different. Of course there is no London named side, so this is not hard to accept. So Horfield it should be. 

We are Bristol 

Horfield Rovers, I like that, sounds like the pub team they are.

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I might be in the minority, but I don't care, because as far as I am concerned there is only one team in Bristol. 

Indeed if we say it enough, then another team wanting to play in the city would have to take the Liverpool approach, and call yourself something completely different. Of course there is no London named side, so this is not hard to accept. So Horfield it should be. 

We are Bristol 

Although West Ham are attempting to become "London Utd".

15 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Bristol City and Bristol Rovers are not on a level with each other and are not equally recognised in the wider world - which is where the site and videos are presumably targeted. 

Really? I can't imagine anyone other than a City fan would be watching an interview with Scott Golbourne on our club website. It's actually in the wider media - tv, radio and papers that it matters more. 

1 hour ago, eric04 said:

Really? I can't imagine anyone other than a City fan would be watching an interview with Scott Golbourne on our club website. It's actually in the wider media - tv, radio and papers that it matters more. 

Ok so presume that only Bristol City fans are watching. I'd ask whether a Bristol City fan watching an interview on the Bristol City site in which a Bristol City player is being asked about Bristol City needs clarification as to which Bristol based football team is being referred to when that player (or the interviewer) says "Bristol".

19 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Just like we say Hull, Stoke etc..

We might. And we call Bradford "Bradford" and Cardiff "Cardiff" (or scumbag plastic Malaysian sellout sheep worriers FC ;) ) but their fans when talking amongst themselves refer to their club as "City". So should we. And given that there are sadly still two clubs in Bristol, Id expect other clubs to call us Bristol City to show awareness of that and distinguish us. When they dont it just gives the impression that they see Bristol as a bit of a footballing backwater.

I guess its not that important and I dont really have much of a point... Im just a bit of a geek when it comes to meaningless semantics.

18 hours ago, Neo said:

Not long until we will be Bristol Sport Football Club and the rugby team will be Bristol Sport Rugby Club - natural progression and makes total sense.

Now where is that fishing emoticon when you need it?

I'll bite, but only to say that I believe you are not allowed to change your name for commercial reasons.

Archived