IGNORED

Autumn - Game On

Reigate Red

Following on from the roast dinner combination thread.

To me one of the major advantages of the “season of mists and mellow fruitfulness” means game. Pheasant, rabbit, pigeon etc. So tonight I have started with casserole of pheasant in red wine and juniper berries. Any other recommendations……………..

Whinging about fluffy bunnies and watershipdown will not influence me :farmer:

21 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Jugged Hare ( 3 attempts to get past auto correct.....) is a fantastic dish, rabbit is another favourite of mine, but not farmed ones, they don't have the 'gamey' taste of wild rabbits.

Would like to try proper jugged hare. Bought a hare a few years ago but it didn't come with the necessary red ingredient for the jugging!

50 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Peasant cooked with charcole - so basically BBQ one. Really nice but dry, a nice hearty Source is needed on the plate to compliment it.

27 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

:blink:

Have a vision that BCR's BBQ could be something like an excerpt from the wicker man :wacko:

12 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Following on from the roast dinner combination thread.

To me one of the major advantages of the “season of mists and mellow fruitfulness” means game. Pheasant, rabbit, pigeon etc. So tonight I have started with casserole of pheasant in red wine and juniper berries. Any other recommendations……………..

Whinging about fluffy bunnies and watershipdown will not influence me :farmer:

:yawn:..... you really are a pheasant plucker aren't  you?

Archived