IGNORED

Crowd for Saturday. Lowest of the season..?

Bar BS3

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It's on Sky and Bonfire night, when lots of families get together to detonate explosives in the garden for fun. 

Im one of the lucky ones who's wife and daughter couldn't give less of a toss about fireworks if they tried. Plenty of fans will have a lot of pressure from family not to attend this game. If you've got kids who really want to watch some fireworks you can't say "sorry kids, football comes first".

With us and Brighton in the top 6 I would expect us to get at least 20k for this game if it was a 15:00 kick off. In these circumstances I think anything over 18k would be good. 

Yes you can. Football comes first and you are coming with I.

9 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

On the club website, it says a guaranteed crowd of 18,500 including 1,800 Brighton. I'd expect it to push 19,500 with potd. Not bad all things considering. Unfortunately it's the first home game I'll miss this season due to work, and I used my last two days holiday on the Blackburn and Hull games!

You have to say, to get 18.5k for a televised game, on Bonfire night, with no discounts, is terrific. It really does show how far we've come.

To put it in context, in 2008 we played Palace on Sky in February in a game that would have put us top of the table had we won (1-1, McCoombe late equaliser). The crowd was 16.4k.

6 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

18500 - 1800.

16700. Where is everyone. Poor in my opinion. No matter what night it is. Proves cost is everything with Blackburn looking almost full.

Well done superfan. Of course cost is a factor. So are family commitments for many of us, which become more relevant on bonfire night. Sorry to break it to you but some people have other things going on in their lives beyond football.

18.5k in the context of our historical attendances is not poor at all. To get that for a televised game on bonfire night is all the more impressive.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You have to say, to get 18.5k for a televised game, on Bonfire night, with no discounts, is terrific. It really does show how far we've come.

To put it in context, in 2008 we played Palace on Sky in February in a game that would have put us top of the table had we won (1-1, McCoombe late equaliser). The crowd was 16.4k.

Using that context for comparison, aren't the numbers of home support about the same for both games..?

Of course, generally our crowds have increased significantly. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Using that context for comparison, aren't the numbers of home support about the same for both games..?

Of course, generally our crowds have increased significantly. 

Depends how many Palace brought, which I can't answer. Regardless it shows the progress. The Palace game was later in the season, we were right at the top, and it wasn't bonfire night.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Depends how many Palace brought, which I can't answer. Regardless it shows the progress. The Palace game was later in the season, we were right at the top, and it wasn't bonfire night.

Yes. All things considered, I'm pleasantly surprised by the already guaranteed crowd for tomorrow (albeit swelled by a very good away following) 

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well done superfan. Of course cost is a factor. So are family commitments for many of us, which become more relevant on bonfire night. Sorry to break it to you but some people have other things going on in their lives beyond football.

18.5k in the context of our historical attendances is not poor at all. To get that for a televised game on bonfire night is all the more impressive.

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

You've obviously never been married with kids mate, either that or you are 'Victorian Dad'. 

Victorian Dad? 

The coal mine where my kids work won't even allow fireworks. Something to do with 'health and safety' apparently. Bloody nanny state. Wouldn't have happened in Victorian times!

14 hours ago, phantom said:

Also surprising as it's our only home game this month and another 4 weeks until our next home game

This ten times over. I was looking at it and was wondering. Why are we not trying to break attendance records. It's not like any serious person in Bristol will be watching Chelsea.

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bridgwater Carnival too so a few might have to go to that to avoid a divorce.

I'm watching Bridgwater carnival. So it would be impossible to do both due to traffic... hopefully I can find a pub to watch the game. You simply cannot beat the squibbing they show at the end. Really good spectacle.

Archived