IGNORED

King Korey the undroppable

Londoner

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly! Kind of!!

Take outs from the game today for me at least

Everyone knows about Tammy. However it is not the boys fault he is not getting balls into him (One today by Bobby Reid)

The idea of 4231 is flawed. You either have Korey our GON not both. It diminishes our attacking threat and as witnessed today leaves us pumping high balls to Tammy or asking Lee Tomlin to produce a piece of magic to drag us back from the inevitable goal down

ROD is rightly number two, but nothing he could do about the second. If a player cuts in you block the shot, not dangle a foot and turn away...You watch them they blocked anything coming at goal and goddam meant it.

LJ said we lacked height today prematch...Yep they won everything in the air 3 against one in their own area and won all second ball by being first in the tackle.

We were weak all over the field compared to them and movement, dont make me laugh we played like statues.

No width....Only Tomlin to create anything....weak in the tackle and relying on mistakes to get a goal....

LJ's first real test here. We neeed width and someone to help Tammy. We need more power to win balls and give Tomlin a chance AND WE NEED TO STOP CONCEDING BLOODY STUPID FIRST GOALS 

Agree, I think we need to go 442, we are not getting enough service for a talent that is Tammy. Too narrow and teams have sussed us, Bryan is not a full back, never, from the friendly at Cheltenham it was obvious, why does LJ persist?  JB works better as an attacking wide player, that was where he had his successes and was even a Premiership target. We need to get more balls into the box for Tammy to feed off, surely to God that is plainly obvious Lee!!   

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

As someone stated, it seems LJ is trying to keep everyone happy but we need consistency. We've won a few game recently but our performances aren't getting better and they've dropped from the first few games. 

No, we haven't.

Last 6 -  LLWLDL

12 hours ago, Londoner said:

Mistakes happen....being so utterly anonymous etc not good enough

Good way of looking at it - as a midfield we've been poor two games running, but last Saturday O'Neil was the best of a bad bunch, this time he made a lot of mistakes, but as you say, mistakes happen and O'Neil has earned the right to have an off day. Korey on the other hand has been clearly short of confidence and fitness since coming back and has been anonymous throughout. That is less forgivable although possibly the blame lies with LJ for the choice. Because for me the real supplementary question here is why you give Pack a new contract and then largely stop playing him, as seems to have been the case.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 19:33, Nomad said:

It seems to me like LJ is trying to keep everyone happy and it is not working. Bobby Reid was the best player on the pitch v Hull and then doesn't get a start in the next 2 games. Madness. Likewise Gustav showed enough against Hull to be having some game time up top with Tammy. Tammy up front on his own just isn't working.

Yes ive lost count the number of times  a player has a good game  and then find hes  dropped for the next match !

Korey needs games to get back to his best. He won't improve sat on the bench. We know how good he can be and so does LJ. So I can see why he perseveres with him, hoping we will start to see him back to his best. For me GON wastes a lot of our set pieces with poor delivery. He has been generally good in open play but I agree we looked better when he was out for a while. So I would rather rest him and see if that lets Korey show what he can do.

I would suggest resting Korey, which is what is going to happen anyway over the international break. However playing with GON is a problem because neither of them want to go forward that much but would rather sit defensively and let others play it forward. Which in turn drags the wide players away from the flanks so no service into the box. 

Our current form is not good & even our win was an 88th goal against the run of play in a dire game against poor opposition. The one game where we played better was actually against Hull where we did look to get the ball forward, plus played 2 upfront. I would like to think that set up & some of those players would get a chance fairly soon. Perhaps not against Reading away but certainly by the time that we play Ipswich at home.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 19:26, Londoner said:

Not anymore. Completely and utterly anonymous (apart from their goal of course). Yes GON made mistakes tonight but he was getting his foot on the ball and at least in the game.

At this point, Korey doesn't belong in the first xi....I know those who see him as god will now no doubt call me a **** etc but Bobby did more in 5 touches than Smith did tonight.

Mistakes happen....being so utterly anonymous etc not good enough

So it's safe to say that you are not a member of the King Korey Klan then?

On 05/11/2016 at 19:32, MC RISK77 said:

He is still finding his feet after 6 months out was mom on his first game back v Blackburn and only a few games since.

he is our best player imo... no god but a fantastic player at this level.

If what is in front of our eyes at this moment is true its very worrying-that LJ is playing Korey far too early..

IMO his problem is match fitness,its just not there yet.

So why is he being put under pressure to perform after long term injury,clearly before he's ready.??

Inexplicably poor judgement.

Allied to the lack of definition to the side due to much tinkering from week to week,and confusing tactical changes/manager clearly with no idea of his best eleven??

OK..we are what we are-an average mid-table Championship outfit/silk purses and sows ears,etc..but decision making of late slightly bizarre, smacking of indecision.

6 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Allied to the lack of definition to the side due to much tinkering from week to week,and confusing tactical changes/manager clearly with no idea of his best eleven??

decision making of late slightly bizarre, smacking of indecision.

Agreed. The worrying thing is LJ has previous form for this often bizarre tinkering during the infamous run at Barnsley.

We're now 20 competitive games into the season and LJ should have decided on his best starting 11. He doesn't have to pick that exact 11 every single week, of course, but he should have reached a firm conclusion as to what his ideal first 11 is, and aim for at least a semblance of a settled team by fielding the majority of them as consistently as possible.

With so many changes from game to game is it any wonder first half performances are often so disjointed?

Archived