IGNORED

Flint, Maggers & Golbourne

Cardy

5 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Funny what people see differently...I thought he was our only real positive. 

I don't think he was awful or particularly bad, but judging against his other games for us I thought he was poor.

Mind you, in the context of tonight's game, only being 'poor' compared to his other performances probably does make him a positive.

Don't think they did much wrong today - we made to stupid errors for Brighton's goals, but it was not our CB's fault. We kept Brighton down to a few attempts, and seemed pretty steady. Magnussons distribution was a little poor today, but Golbourne at least got forward and had a solid game.  They did not offer much from the set pieces butt hat is because of our continued shit deliver.y. seriously how can paid professional not do something that most school boy teams can consistently do ?

Magnusson was outstanding. He won many headers, he won many tackles and generally read the game superbly. His passing is pretty good but sometimes the odd pass goes astray. He will get better and better. Flint had a good game aswell as did Golbourne. Can't understand why Smith was chosen ahead of Reid. Big mistake. Apart from being excellent in midfield Reid is the one who gets forward to support Abraham. The first goal I would congratulate their player's sharpness and skill in scoring that one from distance. The second was very poor defending. We allowed their player to easily cut in from the left wing and when he was ready and unchallenged, he put the ball in the net. Can't anyone tackle? What did Little do to stop their player. Why the bloody hell does Johnson tell Little to push inside by Flint and leave the oppositions wide player with acres of space. You can't do that at this level. It's not Flint who needs help, it's bloody Little. Did Bryan have a sleepless night or something? He was dreadful. He's so much better than that performance. We seem to be following Cotterell now with the stubborn way we use Abraham. He can't win games on his own upfront. Get Enkvall on and use this two million pound striker. He showed his class against Hull. Whilst I'm moaning, why were some of the Brighton idiots allowed to get so close to the City idiots in the Atyeo Stand. Fighting broke out and there was only one steward there. What a ridiculous state of affairs City. Should have been at least a dozen stewards. Also why were there City fans in that bit of the Atyeo Stand. Why not put them in that big open space in the Lansdown Stand. 

19 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Magnusson is solid aside from the hoofball he has started doing, rather than play it back to the keeper or find a forward pass he has just been booting or up lately

And this is purely down to one thing, which brighton showed in abundance tonight, MOVEMENT. 

We had zero, noone showing or wanting a pass. Brighton moved and made it look so simple. 

Physically stronger, better tactics, better movement. Easy game for them i thought. 

6 minutes ago, nickolas said:

And this is purely down to one thing, which brighton showed in abundance tonight, MOVEMENT. 

We had zero, noone showing or wanting a pass. Brighton moved and made it look so simple. 

Physically stronger, better tactics, better movement. Easy game for them i thought. 

Exactly this. We lack movement, it's difficult to play the ball. 

Odd to say after a 2-0 defeat but I make you 100% right on the players you've singled out. Magnusson was possibly the best player on the ball which says a lot about horrific our midfield was. It's all relative though, they were probably 6/10's, everyone in front of them 4's at best.

10 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Magnusson is solid aside from the hoofball he has started doing, rather than play it back to the keeper or find a forward pass he has just been booting or up lately

Totally agree. Quality player but often hoofs it up. Possibly trying a wonder pass that's never going to happen at this level of football. 

No creativity in midfield yesterday, Bryan and Patterson were non existent, When at home we need Reid and/Engval to be playing, not sure how long we can keep carrying Little, I seem to remember a few times last season when the opposing teams left winger cut inside of Little and scored from distance, same as yesterday

Players and management need to ask themselves a few questions- you cannot win matches at home nor can you entertain your own fans with a one up front approach.This division is hard yes we know this but the fans deserve to have a 100% attitude from players and if they can't deliver this then don't pull on the shirt - short break now so regroup train hard and come back with a will to WIN 

12 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

He won a fair few tackles, but his passing and distribution were nowhere near his normal standard.

This. Defensively he is sound, but where's the calmness and distribution that we saw at the start of the season. Constantly going long isn't going to work when the one forward we do play is so isolated. 

Mags and Flint were good, Goldbourne has been top all season. Bryan had a poor game, Paterson always wanted the ball, wasn't too bad, Smith and O'Neil were a little swamped. The way Brighton okayed, in retrospect, Reid would've been useful to break them down through the middle. We really need another wide man and striker.

Archived