IGNORED

3 Bad things and 3 Good things from yesterday

Linkedarm wall

38 minutes ago, Linkedarm wall said:

Bad -

Embarassing goal on Sky, Section 82 fighting, Wrong subs from LJ

Good

Our respect to the Armed forces, 2 mates came back after Hull game promotion on tickets, Magnussen 

Was it not one Section 82er who climbed into the away end for a drop of dukes up?

It was a wonder goal, looking at it now ROD falling over was comedy gold. 

Subs sometimes work and sometimes don't. 

2 hours ago, Linkedarm wall said:

Bad -

Embarassing goal on Sky, Section 82 fighting, Wrong subs from LJ

Good

Our respect to the Armed forces, 2 mates came back after Hull game promotion on tickets, Magnussen 

Good

Unveiling the Atyeo Statue

Bads:

little - no pace, no quality, no ability to cross the ball.

formation - to static, too defensive, not enough width, Tammy isolated, no options in final third.

bryan - looks disinterested, a shadow of former self

o'neil/smith - not enough quality, full of mistakes and don't get around the pitch enough or put lasting pressure on opposition to create turnover in possession. Having two defensive cm's also take impetus away from attacking phase and reduces options in attack.

gk - O'Donnell/fielding have their own deficiencies and are full of mistakes on occasion which doesn't add to confidence. Need a better No 1.

wingers - we have too many No 10's and no out and out wingers with actual quality that can cross a ball. Too often do our players cut inside and run central where we lose possession due to it being too crowded. We don't have anyone that on a consistent basis takes on and beats his man and crosses a quality ball. We also need regular width. All to often we see Tomlin pick up the ball in midfield only to look up and find no one offering width to spread the play. It's partly down to formation but our wide men need to get wide and stay wide.

good:

magnussen

Bad 

1) Pedestrian performance, where's the crisp , pass and move and pressing ?

2) Fluffy floaty balls into their box dealt with so easily by their defence .

3) Other than Wilbs and GON , We looked like kids playing against men . They outfought us .

Good 

1) We only lost 0-2 and could have had something from the game.

2) We are comfortable in possession .

3) LJ  knows we are not the finished article and will do something about it .

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bad 

3) Other than Wilbs and GON , We looked like kids playing against men . They outfought us .

Good 

Yep. exactly right we are not the finished article. We are a work in progress team. As much as I would like to see it happen I don't think we are ready for a promotion challenge,but I do think that given another transfer window or two we will be a  force to be reckoned with in the Championship. We lost Kodja and as much as I like the thought of all that money we really have missed him.

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bad 

Good 

Interesting you mention the pedestrian performance. I've thought we've been pedestrian for a while now. We played with zero pace against Cardiff - so easy to defend against. I watched Liverpool yesterday and they showed how it should be done. And before anyone says 'But we're not Liverpool' - it's all relative because they were playing against Premier League opposition. I would also argue that Liverpool don't have GREAT players - their pace and movement is all down to the way the manager has set them up.

Archived