IGNORED

Next six games

BCFC_Josh

What are everyone's thoughts on the next six games and the amount of points you expect City to accumulate.

What do you think needs to happen in terms of team selection or tactics for City to achieve the maximum points possible?

I would revert to 4-1-1

Fielding 

Matthews Flint Magnusson Golbourne 

Paterson Reid O'Neil Freeman

Tomlin

Abraham              

Bench - Lucic, Bryan, Wilbraham, Pack, Brownhill, Moore, O'Dowda

Have been found in recent games and need to try and play with more width giving Freeman and Paterson the opportunity to run at defenders. 

My predictions...

Birmingham Away - draw 

Reading Away - defeat

Ipswich Home - win 

Huddersfield away - defeat

Brentford Home - win

Preston Home - win

I think the next 6-7 games will define our season as it will take us to half way through the season & are not necessarily against the very top teams in the division. Get 10 points or more & we can hope to be around the playoffs for the rest of the season. Anything less than 6 points and we are looking at midtable at best. This division is very tight & any significant drop in form and you can quickly find yourself in the bottom half.

Fielding

Moore     Flint     Magnuson

O'Neil     Smith

Brownhill                                                 Bryan

Tomlin

Abraham     Engvall/Wilbs

7 points.

FF 

Matthews Flint Magnusson Bryan

Reid Pack

Paterson Tomlin COD

Tammy

Id give that lineup a go. Plenty of experience in there and youth at the same time. At least for home matches anyway. Away matches I'm not against Smith and GON but one of them needs to get forward from time to time. Not to score goals but to provide one more passing option. I think korey would do well in and around the box but he seems quite reluctant to do so. 

10 hours ago, BCFC Josh said:

What are everyone's thoughts on the next six games and the amount of points you expect City to accumulate.

What do you think needs to happen in terms of team selection or tactics for City to achieve the maximum points possible?

I would revert to 4-1-1

Fielding 

Tomlin

Abraham              

Have been found in recent games and need to try and play with more width giving Freeman and Paterson the opportunity to run at defenders. 

My predictions...

Birmingham Away - draw 

Reading Away - defeat

Ipswich Home - win 

Brentford Home - win

Preston Home - win

I think only playing 6 players is a risky strategy, but hey.....:P

Hhhmmm , if we carry on in the form since the last break I'd be worried. If we got the form back pre- last International break I'd be confident ... who knows ??

I'd get Pack back in the team, I would get some genuine width back somehow and give Reid a run. How that happens I'm not sure. Plus the keeper question, well ???? and we have best part of 2 weeks of this ! 

Being ultra optimistic but I think we can (and maybe should) win all three home games. I think maybe Huddersfield`s bubble`s burst so could easily get a point there as well.

Knowing City we`ll win at Reading & Birmingham and lose to Preston & Brentford though.

I`d still settle for top half this season, ideally with not dropping into the bottom at all - after all, we didn`t spend one single day of last season in the top half so that would be progress in my view.

On 08/11/2016 at 00:44, BCFC Josh said:

I would revert to 4-1-1

Fielding 

Tomlin

Abraham              

My predictions...

Birmingham Away - draw 

Reading Away - defeat

Ipswich Home - win 

Brentford Home - win

Preston Home - win

Six points max......and with our current form I'm being a touch optimistic.

Archived