IGNORED

Potential league 1/2 players for January

formerly known as ivan

Just having a gander around the lower leagues and a couple of names stuck out...

Bogel and Taylor have already been mentioned.

Kieron Freeman at Shef Utd is a name I have seen a few times in recent weeks. Right back, 24 years old so fits the bill. Don't know much else about him other than that but has been popping up with a few goals lately.

Luke Daniels, keeper at Scunthorpe. Was tipped for big things at WBA but for whatever reason things didn't work out there but now building a decent reputation at Scunny.  Was surprised to find out he had signed for them last year as assumed he was on loan. At 27 years old his best years are ahead of him.

Anyone aware of any others who may be worth a look ahead of January?

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just having a gander around the lower leagues and a couple of names stuck out...

Bogel and Taylor have already been mentioned.

Kieron Freeman at Shef Utd is a name I have seen a few times in recent weeks. Right back, 24 years old so fits the bill. Don't know much else about him other than that but has been popping up with a few goals lately.

Luke Daniels, keeper at Scunthorpe. Was tipped for big things at WBA but for whatever reason things didn't work out there but now building a decent reputation at Scunny.  Was surprised to find out he had signed for them last year as assumed he was on loan. At 27 years old his best years are ahead of him.

Anyone aware of any others who may be worth a look ahead of January?

Luke Daniels ex Gas no thanks, we've got Lucic, Frankie and O'Leary

Watching  Chesterfield v Blades earlier they were saying the Chesterfield RWB Gboly Ariyibi had been the subject of much interest from Championship clubs in the summer and was expected to move in January. He looked good up until Blades took total control of the game. American, 21 and came through Saints academy.

A position we need to strengthen in and I`d hope he`s the type we`re after.

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Josh Morris is an obvious one, although I expect bigger teams than us will be in for him.

Marcus Maddison from Posh but they always want get huge money for their good prospects. 

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Watching  Chesterfield v Blades earlier they were saying the Chesterfield RWB Gboly Ariyibi had been the subject of much interest from Championship clubs in the summer and was expected to move in January. He looked good up until Blades took total control of the game. American, 21 and came through Saints academy.

A position we need to strengthen in and I`d hope he`s the type we`re after.

Good call, I think his contract is up in the summer too! He rejected Burnley in the summer as well

28 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Off topic a bit, but we need a right back & Darikwa at burnley has only made one appearance for them so far this season, and that was against Accrington in the cup. 

Even if it's just a loan until the end of the season i'd hope we'd be in for him.

Another ex-Chesterfield isn`t he? I remember we talked about him on here before he signed for Burnley. He`d be a good one I think.

16 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Luke Daniels ex Gas no thanks, we've got Lucic, Frankie and O'Leary

Does it really matter who he used to play for if he's better than what we have?  Pretty narrow minded outlook to hold, in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I know zero about the bloke, his character or his ability or whether or not he's an improvement on ROD, Mad Frankie or Lucic, but his former clubs should have no bearing on his suitability to sign for us.

personally I'd be happier with some more experience (thinking 24 - 29 bracket) as I think we've signed a number of quality young players,

Saying that some cracking player been mentioned here Maddison is a player I like alot and Peterborough but they will want stupid money,

Another player I like the look of is Zeli Ismail at Bury he looks a real handful, but he has had injury problems and only signed for them in June I think,

Ben Revees at MK Dons is another good player but I'm unsure whether he is any better then what we currently have

Ademola Lookman at Charlton is worth keeping an eye too

Archived