IGNORED

No alcohol in St Andrews / Where to drink? (Merged)

class not gas

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

One for @JulieH to chip in on I'd imagine.

Police decision? Stadium management decision? Silly decision?

If not specifically for this game - it would be interesting to know the procedure the home side / police take and who ACTUALLY makes the decision?

Am convinced that this knocks on from the "incidents" of last season. As there were no flash points in the ground or outside after the game there is no logical reason that I can see, and can't believe Birmingham City FC as a business would want to lose valuable income

The decision to serve alcohol within the ground at any football match is the decision of the home club/ stadium. The police can be consulted but the final decision wholly sits with the football club

Decisions can be based on previous history between both teams or the club safety officer for each club in the league will have access to a safety officers website which collates match reports from safety officers from each game throughout the season. I am aware of alcohol throwing and disorder taking place at Cardiff this season, again a very small minority involved, but as is the case it often a spoils it for the majority.

It is correct in saying that Bcfc did not serve alcohol to Leeds away fans this season. Again this was based on incidents at pre match and half time in other games where alcohol had been thrown  and extra stewarding was required.

fingers crossed for an uneventful day tomorrow, I will be there so feel free to introduce yourselves!!!

50 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The decision to serve alcohol within the ground at any football match is the decision of the home club/ stadium. The police can be consulted but the final decision wholly sits with the football club

Decisions can be based on previous history between both teams or the club safety officer for each club in the league will have access to a safety officers website which collates match reports from safety officers from each game throughout the season. I am aware of alcohol throwing and disorder taking place at Cardiff this season, again a very small minority involved, but as is the case it often a spoils it for the majority.

It is correct in saying that Bcfc did not serve alcohol to Leeds away fans this season. Again this was based on incidents at pre match and half time in other games where alcohol had been thrown  and extra stewarding was required.

fingers crossed for an uneventful day tomorrow, I will be there so feel free to introduce yourselves!!!

So it really is down to people not being able to hold their beer!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

So it really is down to people not being able to hold their beer!

I understand the reasoning, but what if people have a skin full before and then go and buy hot drinks at half time, surely steaming tea thrown is more dangerous than a plastic cup of cider?

The Woodman is an absolutely perfect pub in a lovely spot halfway between the station and the ground. With that being said I have no inclination to go, between the local police and the club it's the most unwelcome experience any football club could produce and the lot of them should be ashamed at what they tolerate in the name of their club.

Whether you like away teams or not I am happy to see them enjoy their day out on North Street. Birmingham is supposed to be England's second city (at least where all our tax is concerned) and the lack of interest in anyone being treated like they are spending a lot of money on the day is pathetic. Unless their fans stand up to it, I hope for the reverse fixture they're treated like dirt. Like they happily accept we all are.

Archived