IGNORED

The Official Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

I'm sat on the fence regarding city's current form.  on one hand we are 10th not far off the play offs and yet I don't think we have been  firing on all cylinders for a whole game. 

Then on the other hand I'm frustrated that due to defensive lapses at the end of games we have thrown away points.  The barnsley game we should of defended better and the same yesterday,  which if we had  defended better in both we would of been 4 points better off and in the play offs. 

Then again we have had quite a few lucky games early in the season so maybe I  shouldn't be complaining too much.  

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

I'm sat on the fence regarding city's current form.  on one hand we are 10th not far off the play offs and yet I don't think we have been  firing on all cylinders for a whole game. 

Then on the other hand I'm frustrated that due to defensive lapses at the end of games we have thrown away points.  The barnsley game we should of defended better and the same yesterday,  which if we had  defended better in both we would of been 4 points better off and in the play offs. 

Then again we have had quite a few lucky games early in the season so maybe I  shouldn't be complaining too much.  

I'm sure we'll learn a lot from the recent poor patch to help the team massively for the rest of the season.  Lee is still learning at this level, and every result will help his progression as a top coach.

The next one is going to be tough, for obvious reasons, but there is still no reason we can't go to Reading and surprise them.  If we do lose, then we have to start afresh at home to Ipswich and grab a few wins, restore confidence, keep the team nestled nicely in the top of the table and enjoy the rest of the campaign.

Just watched the Championship highlights and I have to say that Gary Rowett went up in my estimation. He was honest enough to admit that on review it was a red card and equally honest enough to admit that the referees quick decision possibly cost us a good chance of an equaliser. He was happy to admit they were lucky in that instance. 

• Like 1
On 19/11/2016 at 21:35, Sticks said:

For what it's worth I never really post on games but today we were really unlucky we rode our luck a little first half but second half was excellent and a good away performance and deserved much more, especially Tomlin's free kick. We bossed it and only a poor couple of minutes ruined it. Joe Bryan's skewed clearance was the reason they had the corner and poor defending for the goal

We were fortunate to be on half way line and had a great view (normally south stand) a few seats behind Mark Ashton who was covering for Mr Lansdown and boy that man cares, we tried our hardest to keep emotions under wraps to avoid unwanted attention but he didn't...out of his seat a few times giving it his opinion..especially when Joe Bryan was shoved over hoardings by Cotterill. He also was at a loss how we lost.

we play like that in more games we've will do ok, just not getting the luck. Mom was there keeper which says a lot

I'm not 'at a loss' as to how we for long periods outplayed a strong Birmingham side on their own patch..and contrived to lose.

Over to you,Mr Ashton.