IGNORED

Number of Substitutes

CheddarReds

Hi all,

looking at the line ups and subs for the Serie A match between Inter and AC this evening (where there are some promising young players in both sides!) I saw that both teams had 12 subs. This is legal in Serie A which I didn't know before.

Some positives of it are that it can give coaches more options from the bench and it stops players values decreasing if they aren't in the squad.

However it might some teams couldn't fill the bench anyway if they only had a squad of 18 maybe.

My question is, do we think this would be something we would like to see introduced to English football? And is it likely?

41 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Hi all,

looking at the line ups and subs for the Serie A match between Inter and AC this evening (where there are some promising young players in both sides!) I saw that both teams had 12 subs. This is legal in Serie A which I didn't know before.

Some positives of it are that it can give coaches more options from the bench and it stops players values decreasing if they aren't in the squad.

However it might some teams couldn't fill the bench anyway if they only had a squad of 18 maybe.

My question is, do we think this would be something we would like to see introduced to English football? And is it likely?

Including a teenager, Gigi Donnarumma, who's been in goal for Milan since he was 16.

Archived