IGNORED

Andy Murray

Leveller

3 Grand Slams

2 Olympic Golds

1 ATP Finals

1 Davis Cup

#1 in world at year end

Think we can put the Scottish bottler jokes to bed. You do wonder if he stayed with Ivan first time around if he'd have won more slams however.. 

I find it hard to warm to him personality wise, but as a sportsman that's one heck of an achievement. Got to wonder what can motivate him now though, yes he can do some of it again but are there no new challenges for him?

I'm not a great fan of watching tennis, so I was just as impressed he managed to carry the Olympic flag around one handed, now that's strength and stamina!

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

Got to wonder what can motivate him now though, yes he can do some of it again but are there no new challenges for him?

French & Australian Open Grand Slams.. possibly trying to hold all 4 GS at the same time..

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

I find it hard to warm to him personality wise, but as a sportsman that's one heck of an achievement. Got to wonder what can motivate him now though, yes he can do some of it again but are there no new challenges for him?

I'm not a great fan of watching tennis, so I was just as impressed he managed to carry the Olympic flag around one handed, now that's strength and stamina!

The motivation is to win surely. that's what all truly great sportsmen want to to. the championships and titles are a by product.

4 minutes ago, TRL said:

The motivation is to win surely. that's what all truly great sportsmen want to to. the championships and titles are a by product.

Yes, I guess that's why I'm not a sportsperson. I'd tick it off and want to do something bigger, better,  not the same thing again! But then again losing in a one to one sport must hurt like hell, you can't take it as a team so to speak.

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes, I guess that's why I'm not a sportsperson. I'd tick it off and want to do something bigger, better,  not the same thing again! But then again losing in a one to one sport must hurt like hell, you can't take it as a team so to speak.

Aye. that is what marks a put great sportsmen from everyday people. Probably the reason they choose sport apart from having the natural talent in the first place.

I am like you. tick things off then on to the next thing to do or try.

Archived