IGNORED

President Elect and Bemmy....it's true!

Norn Iron

Not that anyone would take a line out of context especially the media or politicians but....."Numerous patriots will be coming to Bedminster," Mr Trump tweeted, 

Why? New England Patriots want to learn about BCFC?

So, where in Bemmy could they meet up and what could they do?

I'm sure Mr Brady and the bunch would be given a very warm welcome by Bristol Sport (Worldwide). It would be entirely appropriate for such a massive and successful club to meet and greet the visitors. The training and playing facilities are unquestionable (once the Lansdown changing rooms are opened). Don't forget that the Gate has already hosted American Football on the sacred surface! Also, the largest NFL fan base in old England is New England, so there are lots of prime opportunities to do what the NFL does best - sell advertising.

If the team is allowed, I reckon they could be taken on a Bemmy cultural tour. What more would any American wish for than a day trip down East Street for some shopping in Poundland and a plate of fish and chips, followed by a night sampling the delights of North Street. I wonder why old Red Trousers didn't make more of the tourism (if only to line his pockets at the Tobacco Factory).

On the less pleasant topic: the Evil Post reckon that Clinton's ancestors were from this proud and noble neighbourhood - http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/the-bedminster-girl-and-her-bristol-roots-are-you-related-to-hillary-clinton/story-29877049-detail/story.html

Could it be possible that Trump wants to round up any remaining opponents? I know he's keen to shut out the Mexicans, so perhaps we're next?

Archived