IGNORED

Brilliant advertising and club marketing

class_not_gas

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It's a long time since I was aware of actual costs but it was always one of the least cost effective channels for a company I worked for. 

That might well have been the case for the company you worked with, but did they have cause to send a bus up and down Gloucester Road pointing out that some people might interfere with dogs?

Increasingly, the value of this exercise looks more viable.

13 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Off topic but regarding winter buses.... ( mobile germ infested saunas, steamed up to the max with all windows firmly shut ensuring few sneeze / cough propelled cold and flu germs escape... who needs fresh air when you can mix and share the sweaty body odours and breath of 50+ strangers all steaming away in a glorious broth of f cu k knows what diseases? Get yer day riders here, and f'king die! )

Am I the only one who can't understand why people would prefer to sit in a miserable steamy swamp (as long as they stay warm) rather that let a bit of fresh ( but cooler ) air in by opening a window and demisting and de bugging the whole f'ing germ infested filthy cesspit of transported misery?

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases .... its like everyone appears to not give a shit about that anymore, buses in wintertime are worse than sitting in a packed doctors waiting room on a Monday morning.

Oh what joy!

Pisses me right off mate, plus the incessant bell ringers, its been rung once, thats it FFS!

1 hour ago, ForeverRed said:

I grew up in Kingswood, and always knew more City than Gas both at school and after. Some Gas pubs (Archers), but equally City (Cobblers), and some both. My local was the Flowerpot, with Gas in the Bar and City in the Lounge (more sophisticated you see!!).  

Know loads of City lads from Kingswood and surrounding areas since the '70's

15 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Having grown up not too far from there in the 70s and 80s, I would contest it is not 'gas land', never has been, and never will be.

Having grown up in Southmead I would of said that Filton had more sags than reds,and now living in Horfield would say they still have more than us,but there are many reds in Filton,Horfield and Lockleaze,and we actually go to games,unlike many sags in said areas.

Archived