IGNORED

Seating, Standing, Stewarding, Fans Behaviour etc

Davefevs

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just back and very disappointed by today's game.  Catalogue of errors, but not on about the game itself.

From a disabled spectating point of view the position is excellent, but then as a Carer you sit in front of the wheelchair user, and if like Joe they are not 6 foot plus, they can't see over you.  I ended up standing alongside Joe all game, but not really because he wouldn't have been able to see over me, but because it wasn't a very nice atmosphere inside the ground today, and Joe really didn't want to stay.

Either you sell standing 'seats' or you don't.  If you don't, then Reading I'm afraid, you need to steward it better and take responsibility for sorting out issues.  3 blokes stood alongside me because their seats were near the back, and they felt unsafe standing.  I will caveat this by stating that I don't know if you were given a choice of seats when buying.

leading up to kickoff, the wheelchair area (next to entrance to seats and steps) was full of fans moaning about they couldn't get to their seats.  Some very irate, in a polite way, some giving some serious sh1t to the female stewards by me.  They asked for the 'response' stewards, who did nothing when they finally 'responded'.  It was quite unpleasant, and I ended up being a barrier between the fans and Joe.

One bloke just came and sat in the Carer seats, and when challenged to show his ticket, he mouthed off.  Not sure why he was emailing Reading FC during the game either. Not sure why he felt he could sit where he wanted.

I understand why people will make a day of it and have a few beers, that's fine....but undoing your jeans, and waving your knob at the opposition fans 60 metres away, fails to have any real rationale, plus it was cold!

Not the best away day I've been to/

Not surprised at all, but sorry you two had a bad day at the office....I keep banging on about booze and football, just add the idiot ingredient and it all kicks off. Hope they can be id'd and banned.

39 minutes ago, gamon said:

Anyone know what ambulent disabled means?

It means you're not in a wheelchair but are still classed as disabled.

Someone who has prosthetic legs for example would be considered ambulant disabled. Or someone who has issues walking for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure someone who was blind would count as ambulant disabled as well, because they can walk but are still registered disabled. :) 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Seems we get this sitting/standing divide issue every time we have a 3k+ following. It could be solved with one solution - we copy what Stoke do.

They sell away tickets to fans that want to stand towards the back of the stand and those that want to sit towards the front. This would solve the issue and prevent issues discussed in this thread. 

At the bottom of their ticket information for Chelsea away it says "Supporters who wish to sit down during the match are advised to request tickets at the front of the stand."

http://mobile.stokecityfc.com/news/article/2016-17/chelsea-ticket-info-3434778.aspx

That would be the perfect solution however when I bought my ticket over the phone I asked if they can select where my seats will be and he told me no they couldn't. As luck would have it we got tickets for row H, the 5th row from the front and still couldn't see so had to move.

5 hours ago, shelts said:

We had one lone wolf stood all by himself when the rest of the block sat, well done sunshine!!

I did notice quite a few proper pissed supporters which surprised me as to how they got in?

One guy in front was our cheerleader for the day, some sang with him, when he got up to lead he could hardly stand and looked at the rest of us for not joining in with daggers in his eyes!!!

Sounds like a friend of mine :laughcont: before the game the stewards wouldn't let him in as he was too drunk... they gave him 30 minutes to sober up and let him in. He went to the bar and amazingly got served again and again.. struggled up the stairs and so on. I was amazed he was allowed in

Decided to move to where a whole load were standing because there were two blokes were getting on my ******* nerves... stood up because we were on a dangerous attack (where everyone stood even in front of me) and this guy physically pulls me back down so turned around to tell to leave it out, no need to physically put your hands on someone

34 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Sounds like a friend of mine :laughcont: before the game the stewards wouldn't let him in as he was too drunk... they gave him 30 minutes to sober up and let him in. He went to the bar and amazingly got served again and again.. struggled up the stairs and so on. I was amazed he was allowed in

Decided to move to where a whole load were standing because there were two blokes were getting on my ******* nerves... stood up because we were on a dangerous attack (where everyone stood even in front of me) and this guy physically pulls me back down so turned around to tell to leave it out, no need to physically put your hands on someone

If it's your mate he will have a King hangover today!!

No one should put hands on another man at football unless instructed too!!

Is proper annoying when you have great seats a few rows from the back pop down for a drink at half time and come back to find 20 stone island wearing under 18s sat in your seats. Why would anyone think it's acceptable ,if they were taken first half odds are they will be taken 2nd. Luckily they moved on. I think had we not been a group of 12 blokes it would of been slightly harder to usher them away. Situations like that that can put people off going to away games. You have a seat with a seat number. Sold out games will mean the good seats at the back are likely taken. Feel it would make so much sense to follow the Stoke way of doing it.  

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It means you're not in a wheelchair but are still classed as disabled.

Someone who has prosthetic legs for example would be considered ambulant disabled. Or someone who has issues walking for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure someone who was blind would count as ambulant disabled as well, because they can walk but are still registered disabled. :) 

Thanks.

I guess not knowing this puts me in the moron club?

19 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nope not at all, I only know what it means because of my background in working with disabilities. :) 

Dolly,  further up the thread is a great point about Stoke City's policy of selling tickets to those who want to stand. This seems the obvious solution to our problems at away games with big followings, can this be put to the club at future fans meetings?

Sorry if it has been already

2 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Dolly,  further up the thread is a great point about Stoke City's policy of selling tickets to those who want to stand. This seems the obvious solution to our problems at away games with big followings, can this be put to the club at future fans meetings?

Sorry if it has been already

I shall mention it to and tag @AdamB would seem a sensible option. 

Archived