IGNORED

Jamie Patterson

JBFC II

16 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Exactly, he has 'gone missing' for almost all of his pitch time in his last 5 appearances. Only player who I'd single out as poor against Brum. Was surprised he kept his place, surely now has to be dropped. Looks like becoming a really poor signing.

Headless chicken springs to mind with Patterson .

Paterson has not produced it recently but maintain he has his moments - e.g. Reid should have scored from his assist v. Reading. But overall agree others deserve to be ahead of him at the moment. Will be surprised if he starts vs. Ipswich. 

While he's not a defender having him and Little defending down our right we look weak. Little was immense in league 1 and no faults for his effort but he just seems out of his depth this year. LJ clearly intended Matthews to be his first choice RB but that's not working out. Too early for Taylor Moore ? 

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Too many of our midfield are lightweight and lack explosive power breaking forward. Wingers don't really exist as such in the current way of thinking, that is the role of overlapping full backs. (the most important and difficult role on the pitch IMHO) . You have to build the team up from the back, and at the moment we do not have either full back playing to the level required both defensively and offensively. I am certain that this is the area that will be studied at length by LJ. It is clear Mathews is finished with us, and that Little is limited (but works hard) , but equally Bryan and Goldborne are not pulling up stumps on the left. This makes us very narrow going forward. As for midfield, ok for the holding skills of Pack, Smith and GON, but the attacking players are not working. Paterson , Reid, O'Dowda (I am not even sure what role Brownhill has) mean linking with Tomlin and Tammy is not happening. It must be in this area the club are looking at, balancing development of the new youngsters signed in the summer, with the need to improve the team. 

I doubt next summer we will still have O'Donnel, Burns, Reid, Wilbs, Tammy , Little, Freeman , Goldborne , O'leary for example. So LJ was right about 3 windows to get the players he will want as a squad. January will be only minor activity , as it is a bad window to trade normally. 

Absolutely spot on. Although I think Golbourne will still be here. And Reid definitely will. He's improving all the time. He just needs to work on his finishing, but he's been as good as anyone in the side all season. 

Patterson is so frustrating. Slows moves down continually. Occasional neat footwork but no end product. When was the last time he provided an assistance? Any stats available on him?

we are playing with 10 men when he is in the team. I am not the only one who thinks this based on the comments made by other fans around me.

very disappointing. LJ get him out. Surely you can see he is a liability.

12 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Patterson is so frustrating. Slows moves down continually. Occasional neat footwork but no end product. When was the last time he provided an assistance? Any stats available on him?

we are playing with 10 men when he is in the team. I am not the only one who thinks this based on the comments made by other fans around me.

very disappointing. LJ get him out. Surely you can see he is a liability.

Sorry but  completely over the top. Set up Reid Saturday, scoreed the winner v forest, yes his form has dipped but get a grip

On 28/11/2016 at 16:48, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

And that's probably why Forest got rid of him!

Agreed. There are of course rare cases where a player may be allowed to leave a club like Forest and join a league rival like us and then start pulling up tree's but lets be honest if the lad was genuinely a threat at this level Forest would have done all they could to keep him.

On November 28, 2016 at 04:55, billywedlock said:

Too many of our midfield are lightweight and lack explosive power breaking forward. Wingers don't really exist as such in the current way of thinking, that is the role of overlapping full backs. (the most important and difficult role on the pitch IMHO) . You have to build the team up from the back, and at the moment we do not have either full back playing to the level required both defensively and offensively. I am certain that this is the area that will be studied at length by LJ. It is clear Mathews is finished with us, and that Little is limited (but works hard) , but equally Bryan and Goldborne are not pulling up stumps on the left. This makes us very narrow going forward. As for midfield, ok for the holding skills of Pack, Smith and GON, but the attacking players are not working. Paterson , Reid, O'Dowda (I am not even sure what role Brownhill has) mean linking with Tomlin and Tammy is not happening. It must be in this area the club are looking at, balancing development of the new youngsters signed in the summer, with the need to improve the team. 

I doubt next summer we will still have O'Donnel, Burns, Reid, Wilbs, Tammy , Little, Freeman , Goldborne , O'leary for example. So LJ was right about 3 windows to get the players he will want as a squad. January will be only minor activity , as it is a bad window to trade normally. 

Completely agree sentence one. Mark Little is a wing back and LJ is quoted as we are having to teach him his new role as a full back. A further LJ quote is Joe Bryan's possible Premier League future is at Left Back. Right now both these guys are playing out of position as stated by LJ and neither is being asked to get forward while playing a five man midfield.

Joe Bryan last week was applauded as our second best crosser of the ball after Freeman by LJ and neither has been able to actually cross a ball in weeks due to one being injured and one not being asked/told to get up the line. 

Matthews and Goldbourn are full backs. One has a perpetual sick note and one is raring to play for the club he supported as a boy but is being kept out by a natural winger who is simply not winging due to some reason only LJ knows on the basis it seems of playing a trendy 4231

Definately agree about being narrow but this is by design. We now have players in midfield again being asked to play unfamiliar roles, However we have had more shots than any other team in the division but can't score as the one person who can score doesn't get the chances as he is not being fed. 

The point is you play the way that suits what you have. We have wingers we have wing backs and full backs the only obvious problem is sick note Matthews. 

Patterson started well for us and to be frank I haven't seen a great deal wrong with Odowda or Browning. Reid has been good except he has lost the ability to hit the target, again LJ comment if he had got three of his last eight he'd be premier league quality. Tomlin is asked to beat teams on his own at Times and the division's best forward is obviously now getting fed up. 

For now 442 Goldbourne at the back and Matthews if he ever decides he's not really Nicky Hunt reincarnated. The midfield should be Bryan and ONeil and any two from five, upfront Tammy needs a friend and the options are Wilbo Tomlin Engval and possibly Freeman OR let one of the development squad play up there. There are options

then January spend some money!

Archived