IGNORED

LJ ready to take a pop at the end

southvillekiddy

14 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Wasn't there but the highlights show LJ ready to take a pop at one of the Reading staff after the whistle. Anybody know anymore?

Glad he hates that nothing Club as much as I do. They're like Swindon. Beating City is like winning the World cup for them.

on the commentary they thought he was going to have a word with the officials. Andy Howard was convinced that LJ didn't shake hands with the ref, but AB said that he did. I think they were expecting a punch up of sorts

17 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Wasn't there but the highlights show LJ ready to take a pop at one of the Reading staff after the whistle. Anybody know anymore?

Glad he hates that nothing Club as much as I do. They're like Swindon. Beating City is like winning the World cup for them.

Cant stand them either.

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

on the commentary they thought he was going to have a word with the officials. Andy Howard was convinced that LJ didn't shake hands with the ref, but AB said that he did. I think they were expecting a punch up of sorts

Thanks for pointing that out mate. Apologies to all concerned. Lee hated the officials, I'm with him on that. Reading FC and all their lovely fans staff are wonderful people.

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Fancy answering my main point mate? ( What I offered was an aside to try an explain why LJ was steamed up at the end)

I don't know any more about it than you do.

But that paragraph about them being a 'nothing club' and beating us being 'like winning a World Cup' is exactly why we have a reputation for being arrogant/entitled with 120 years of f-all to back it up!

3 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Wasn't there but the highlights show LJ ready to take a pop at one of the Reading staff after the whistle.

Imagine the fuss on here if certain other City managers had done that.

I could name them (the posters not just the certain other City manager) now.......

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don't know any more about it than you do.

But that paragraph about them being a 'nothing club' and beating us being 'like winning a World Cup' is exactly why we have a reputation for being arrogant/entitled with 120 years of f-all to back it up!

Not sure that we have a reputation for that. How would anyone know? I agree that I am arrogant, expecting my home City, for centuries the second City in the land, to be have a top football Club. Makes it hard to take when a town like Reading has had a Premiership team. As regards the incdent, I had my doubts about Lee Johnson but back him more fully now. We played football to the very end without capitulating. As someone pointed out no-one has put loads of goals past us. What we need is better luck and better officials and some of those 25 shots on target yesterday going in. COYR.

7 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Not sure that we have a reputation for that. How would anyone know? I agree that I am arrogant, expecting my home City, for centuries the second City in the land, to be have a top football Club. Makes it hard to take when a town like Reading has had a Premiership team. As regards the incdent, I had my doubts about Lee Johnson but back him more fully now. We played football to the very end without capitulating. As someone pointed out no-one has put loads of goals past us. What we need is better luck and better officials and some of those 25 shots on target yesterday going in. COYR.

I work with fans of a few rival championship clubs. We were once having a discussion about what we each thought of each other's clubs/fans as 'neutrals' if you like....on more than a couple of occasions comments like 'think they're bigger than they are', 'delusions of grandeur' etc etc came up  

Now this was back when Cotts was in charge - before the recent investment on the pitch - but I think it's a pretty fair (if unwanted) reputation. We act like a big club when results don't go our way, (just look how many people have the knives out for LJ after a handful of bad results) 

When we're belittling a club like Reading - who have had a lot more success than us in my lifetime - and saying that beating Bristol City is like a World Cup for them, I can see why we get a reputation like that. 

What I found most frustrating was the lack of passion, sorry, the lack of any type of emotion from the Reading fans. Especially considering the large majority of their day was pretty good for them, if you didn't go to the game and were waiting outside the ground, you'd think they would've lost.

But each to their own, they're paying their money every week so fair enough, just isn't for me.

4 minutes ago, Griffin said:

What I found most frustrating was the lack of passion, sorry, the lack of any type of emotion from the Reading fans. Especially considering the large majority of their day was pretty good for them, if you didn't go to the game and were waiting outside the ground, you'd think they would've lost.

But each to their own, they're paying their money every week so fair enough, just isn't for me.

I still remember that dreaded playoff final and half the Hull fans we encountered reacting as if it were just any other league game. 

I was emotionally broken and they were acting like they'd just won a JPT first round game!

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I still remember that dreaded playoff final and half the Hull fans we encountered reacting as if it were just any other league game. 

I was emotionally broken and they were acting like they'd just won a JPT first round game!

...perhaps they were overcome by the whiff of success from Windass !  ;) 

49 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I thought they were in shock. I know I would've been more animated if we'd won, as I'm sure all the other City fans would be.

20 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Wouldn't have been surprised if he had gone and had a word with Gunter, that player is a wrong 'un in the sense he has cheated before. Remember him playing for Forest and getting Jamie Mac sent off, feigning injury like he was floored and then soon as the red card came out, jumped up and started celebrating.

Tbh Johnson made a beeline for the officials but instead of mouthing off at them he shook their hands and came over to applaud the City fans

So no one knows why LJ turned towards the tunnel at the end looking pretty angry and ready to swing

However what we do know is if anyone hates Reading its the reason other supporters think we are up our own arses allegedly. 

For the Record I got a couple of degrees there in middle age and can say without fear of contradiction they hate us since the riot. 

Not so irrational and has left deep scars with some and yes they do really want to beat us badly  

Hope this helps! 

Meanwhile back at sentence one!

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 10:24, BRISTOL86 said:

Yup. I bumped into a few on my way back to the car. Their general mood was one of disbelief. 'Nothing like this ever happens to us' seemed to be their main thought. Decent enough folk imo...

Archived