IGNORED

Pemberton

Ivorguy

If this happens now it could be a disaster for the Club.

Timing couldn't be worse, such a key member of Lee's staff, part of the cement that holds everything together at a time when a few cracks are beginning to appear on the pitch. Yes recruitment of players in the January window is vital as we are all aware, but not losing Pemberton right now is of equal if not more concern.

If there is anything the club can do to encourage Pembo to stay, that his future here is good for him and the club then I hope everything possible to achieve that will be taking place.

Wish JP all the best in whatever decision he ultimately makes - but fingers are tightly crossed he makes the right one for LJ, the team & BCFC as a whole. 

We are going to get this every time a club like ours up North loses a manager.

JP has said  he is happy and committed here.

Why would he leave a club on the up where he is respected and relatively safe to join a club punching above their weight and most likely to go down this season ?

Great start to a managerial career for Pembo.

:disapointed2se:

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We are going to get this every time a club like ours up North loses a manager.

JP has said  he is happy and committed here.

Why would he leave a club on the up where he is respected and relatively safe to join a club punching above their weight and most likely to go down this season ?

Great start to a managerial career for Pembo.

:disapointed2se:

I think you could also flip that to say that as your first foray into management, you'd do well to find a club with more reasonable expectations at which to earn your stripes  

If he genuinely wants to be a manager in the near future (and I don't know whether that's the case) it's not going to be here. 

IF he went to Rotherham he has enough of the season left to potentially turn things around and be an instant hero. If they go down, the blame won't be laid at his door and let's be honest, L1 is their level.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I wonder if the new coach appointment was in preparation for potentially losing JP?

Doubtful. We've been looking for another assistant coach since the summer. Would be bad timing for him to leave now we've got the two we want but I wouldn't begrudge him if he wanted to take a chance on himself with that challenge. 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

If this happens now it could be a disaster for the Club.

Timing couldn't be worse, such a key member of Lee's staff, part of the cement that holds everything together at a time when a few cracks are beginning to appear on the pitch. Yes recruitment of players in the January window is vital as we are all aware, but not losing Pemberton right now is of equal if not more concern.

If there is anything the club can do to encourage Pembo to stay, that his future here is good for him and the club then I hope everything possible to achieve that will be taking place.

Wish JP all the best in whatever decision he ultimately makes - but fingers are tightly crossed he makes the right one for LJ, the team & BCFC as a whole. 

Disappointing, yes. Disaster, no.

It's not the end of the world if he goes. He can be very with his contribution to Bristol City. Be a shame with the club on the up, not sure if the new coach is in , in case Pembo goes. I wish him luck if he goes. Still don't think he will leave though, so yet another worthless post from me!!

Players, coaches, manages come and go. However as coaches go Pembo is top drawer and will always be remembered as the guy who stopped the post SC rot. Brought In the right players reverted to 442 (LJ Take Note) and won a handful of games before SL and the board got "their" guy. 

Personally I would do anything reasonable to keep him here, however if he has the taste for managing I guess that could be that. But saving Rovrum from here is a big job and a big risk for a wannabe manager, but if you can do it you are made and his experience with saving us makes him a real possibility if you are on the Rovrum board  

A born winner is stevie g. what a inspiration he would be to have around the club. absolutely fantastic. I remember when Norman hunter. Joe royle then later jo Jordan signed for us what a boast and a thrill it was to watch these superstars. mind  I would be sad to c Pembo go if he does leave. but i would not blame him if he does. 

Archived