IGNORED

LJ and 442

Londoner

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

It is, and against a side that is incredibly rigid and structured like ipswich you can understand it....You could say the same about the likes of Blackburn and Preston too. Potentially a feasible away option too.

Home to the fluid sides, ala Huddersfield etc, we will create nothing and get opened up. 

While pleased with the result, I was slightly disappointed that LJ neglected his vision and philosophy, couldn't see the likes of Howe etc doing that.

And no not moaning, just suprised....certainly doesn't make for good viewing but we are including a results business.

People shouldn't underestimate just how poor ipswich are though, those who thinks otherwise fall into the category I have raised earlier.

Fluidity is about knowing your role and someone else knowing your role if the opportunity arises to do something to hurt the opposition. Thus if Matthews for example wants to go horsing it down the wing then the others need to be aware that he has done it and a gap needs to be monitored or closed.

These types of things happen the whole game and constantly as football is not played within a set of squares. If you are playing a basic 442 it's easy to follow and reset who ever you are. 

Huddersfield have dropped down the table like the proverbial stone lately, but without watching them I have no knowledge. The biggest issue we have had is our players are young and developing and are clearly not strong enough in some areas as commented on by LJ and Lee Tomlin. However we have only lost one game by more than one so we are not far off.

Keep it simple stupid and to paraphrase Ockham's Law, the easiest solution is normally the best...Particularly with what we have!

9 minutes ago, Londoner said:

It is, and against a side that is incredibly rigid and structured like ipswich you can understand it....You could say the same about the likes of Blackburn and Preston too. Potentially a feasible away option too.

Home to the fluid sides, ala Huddersfield etc, we will create nothing and get opened up. 

While pleased with the result, I was slightly disappointed that LJ neglected his vision and philosophy, couldn't see the likes of Howe etc doing that.

And no not moaning, just suprised....certainly doesn't make for good viewing but we are including a results business.

People shouldn't underestimate just how poor ipswich are though, those who thinks otherwise fall into the category I have raised earlier.

I don't think anyone thought that Ipswich were or are world beaters , we did have at least one of theirs on here decrying their form and quality . However they are an established Championship club with an experienced Manager and pro's .

We , nevertheless , were on a three match losing run , playing our first game at home for a month and Under immense pressure to get something from the game .

I don't think anyone is falling into your aforementioned category .

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

Good god, this forum brings flashbacks of my parents divorce at times.

Londoner wants the record collection, the wide screen telly and the playstation and to have the kids ever there week-end.

On 04/12/2016 at 17:23, REDOXO said:

Fluidity is about knowing your role and someone else knowing your role if the opportunity arises to do something to hurt the opposition. Thus if Matthews for example wants to go horsing it down the wing then the others need to be aware that he has done it and a gap needs to be monitored or closed.

These types of things happen the whole game and constantly as football is not played within a set of squares. If you are playing a basic 442 it's easy to follow and reset who ever you are. 

Huddersfield have dropped down the table like the proverbial stone lately, but without watching them I have no knowledge. The biggest issue we have had is our players are young and developing and are clearly not strong enough in some areas as commented on by LJ and Lee Tomlin. However we have only lost one game by more than one so we are not far off.

Keep it simple stupid and to paraphrase Ockham's Law, the easiest solution is normally the best...Particularly with what we have!

Huddersfield are a poor example. Against Wigan they were dominated and had 2 stonewall penalties turned down....and against Blackburn they had 29 shots on goal.....be interesting to see how many we had when they came to the gate. 

Archived