IGNORED

The Atyeo lot today.....

Jack Dawe

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sounded great from the south stand which was sadly like a morgue even at 2-0. 

Pretty sad as well to see more City than Ipswich piling out at 2-0 up but hey ho. 

The south stand has been pretty dreadful for atmosphere, especially considering that the acoustics in there are pretty good. Think noise projects much better onto the pitch from there than the old EE.

It's had a few moments where it's sounded ok but on the whole it's been really disappointing for noise. 

Would be good to have a similar group in there to the Atyeo, preferably somewhere unreserved.. probably too late for that now.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Ahem! Plenty of ladies in there yesterday (myself included) making a racket thank you! :P 

On 'Songs of Praise' (5.20pm this afternoon, BBC1), you get some 'songs' where just the ladies sing a bit, then just the blokes sing a bit, and then they all sing the final verse/chorus together. It's really rather effective. You Atyeo s82 lot might want to look into this 

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sounded great from the south stand which was sadly like a morgue even at 2-0. 

Pretty sad as well to see more City than Ipswich piling out at 2-0 up but hey ho. 

There was nothing to "see" after Freeman had scored his worldie, and received his standing ovation. There wasn't a lot to "see" before this either...

5 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Had an Ipswich supporting client of mine as a guest in the box today and he remarked how loud they were. 

"Didn't know you had a standing terrace here." He asked and I explained the whole principle of the unreserved end and the lower season ticket price etc and he was very complimentary of the idea and the support. 

"We could do with some of that at Portman Road" 

Not the first person to mention them this season either, so keep up the good work as it's getting noticed....

Fair play Chris, I was smashing Liz Hurley's back doors in in my box. 

7 hours ago, Palmers Green Red said:

From the South Stand, it just looked like they moved the netting across a bit as they knew Ipswich were bringing less fans than some ... therefore gave people space to spread out.

COYR 

Yep an extra block,was fearing the worst when I saw how far we were spread out.

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I thought it was very good today, you never seemed to stop. I reckon what someone said earlier about the `bounce back` from the new screen could have something to do with it, it certainly seemed louder from the SS even with what looked like less of you guys in there.

I think you're spot on,sound bounces back into the ground instaed of disappearing into the gap between the Atyeo and Dolman.

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Presumably the next two home games will be the same, can`t see Brentford or Preston selling out, so surely the opportunity is there for the club to put more Atyeo tickets on sale early for those two.

As long as they're up for a sing song,the more the merrier.

3 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

As long as they're up for a sing song,the more the merrier.

Absolutely.....yesterday was superb in the AS but we need MORE of the same for Brentford and PNE. December is a huge month in terms of our league position at year-end and therefore, potential during the a Transfer Window. COYR, let's make some noise! 

Was quite impressed with it. Pretty sure the chant of Freeman's on fire was right there not long before his beautiful goal. Still think in an ideal world give away fans one of the side stands or in case of Lansdown, side tiers and make both ends behind the goal City if at all possible, Unless there's some regs preventing it, it would help on several levels.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was quite impressed with it. Pretty sure the chant of Freeman's on fire was right there not long before his beautiful goal. Still think in an ideal world give away fans one of the side stands or in case of Lansdown, side tiers and make both ends behind the goal City if at all possible, Unless there's some regs preventing it, it would help on several levels.

Would be much better that way. If that happened, and the Atyeo ever gets renovated/rebuilt, you could build it as a proper home end. The south stand is a poor design, would be great to have a nice single tiered stand with safe standing. That can't happen with away fans in there, shame we didn't design putting away fans in a side stand.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would be much better that way. If that happened, and the Atyeo ever gets renovated/rebuilt, you could build it as a proper home end. The south stand is a poor design, would be great to have a nice single tiered stand with safe standing. That can't happen with away fans in there, shame we didn't design putting away fans in a side stand.

Maybe it could be something they look at in the future. If the ground redevelops anymore (say another tier like the Lansdown on top of another stand if planning allows), put them in top tier say you make the Dolman a double decker, segregation issues resolved, more tickets able to be sold in Atyeo.

• Admin
On 12/3/2016 at 22:38, City Rocker said:

They sounded loud at times today from the South Stand. I wondered whether the new screen helped to bounce the sound back into the ground, where it used to disappear through that huge gap?

Was more noticeable in A block of Dolman, I assumed the screen must have had something to do with it too

Archived