IGNORED

Cinema

Fiale

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

To look at . Sound . To listening to painful 

Same - watched the double bill at Cineworld and thought it was a great film. They are taking chances and able to push things due to the setting and it really works, possibly why Ant man, Dead Pool and Guardians are my favourites.

Look forward to Vol. 3... though I guess it won't be tied to a vol 3 mix tape now :sad26:

I agree, just back myself, and whilst it was still better than 90% of Marvel stuff out there, the late middle and end let it down.

However three points :-

funnier than most comedies

watch to the VERY end (at least 3 additional scenes in the credits)

Baby Groot is impossibly cute!!

Just now, Fiale said:

Same - watched the double bill at Cineworld and thought it was a great film. They are taking chances and able to push things due to the setting and it really works, possibly why Ant man, Dead Pool and Guardians are my favourites.

Look forward to Vol. 3... though I guess it won't be tied to a vol 3 mix tape now :sad26:

:blink:

28 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

I agree, just back myself, and whilst it was still better than 90% of Marvel stuff out there, the late middle and end let it down.

However three points :-

funnier than most comedies

watch to the VERY end (at least 3 additional scenes in the credits)

Baby Groot is impossibly cute!!

His dance scene when they are fighting the battery guzzling monster, couldn't help laugh.

On 04/12/2016 at 17:54, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Screw the flicks. overpriced crap.

Prices are mind numbing 

xxxx me, Kev!  With a free 'Insider' card at the Showcase you can get in Sun/Mon/Tues for £6.50.  It works out at about £3 an hour.  That's about five times cheaper than a visit to Ashton Gate!  Like at AG also, it is not compulsory to be ripped off by purchasing added crap when you are there.  

The Orpheus and Odion are also very good value with regular deals.  

I also play snooker for £3 per hour, (between you), there's really not much better entertainment value around for £3 per hour.

29 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

xxxx me, Kev!  With a free 'Insider' card at the Showcase you can get in Sun/Mon/Tues for £6.50.  It works out at about £3 an hour.  That's about five times cheaper than a visit to Ashton Gate!  Like at AG also, it is not compulsory to be ripped off by purchasing added crap when you are there.  

The Orpheus and Odion are also very good value with regular deals.  

I also play snooker for £3 per hour, (between you), there's really not much better entertainment value around for £3 per hour.

I have a unlimited card as I watch about 3 films a week. For £17 a month it's good value. Watched the Guardians of the Galaxy double bill, going to see the new Alien movie in special viewing, did the Hunger Games a while back where they screened all back to back (I must admit that one pushed me to my limits). So many good films though, and as I have sort of paid upfront I watch films I might not otherwise have like "Get Out" which I really enjoyed but would never have gone to watch in normal circumstances. I have watched a lot of films the last 3 weeks

Unforgettable - was very poor

The Belko Experiment - ok film, but not anything great

Guardians O T G Vol2 - really enjoyed, looking forward to these films more and more

Going in Style - fun to watch, some good talent on the screen, and was pretty funny

Boss Baby - animation, with Alec Baldwin as Boss baby... fun

Free Fire - mehhh film was repetitive after a promising start

Logan - really enjoyed, nice to see a film where super heroes are loosing their powers and getting old / fading like us

Chips - young adult humour

Life -  Alien life form kills everyone yet again, when will people learn ? Scary how it unravels as it feels so damned possible at first... and of course it has a cute name "Calvin"

Get Out - really enjoyed this, was surprised it did not get more recognition though the ending was rushed

Beauty and The Beast - well classics  are classics 

Well worth it, and I enjoyed most of the films, certainly worth watching at least once - this month so many to see as well..... so yeah, Cinema can be good value for money.

Crikey!  Where's this £17 deal you speak of?  I'm going through a bit of a film obsession just now (hey, at least it's not crack) and that sounds right up mine and my mate's street.  

I would definitely see more at that rate.

Out of the ones you reference, that I've seen:

Get Out: Pretty good conspiracy film.  It wasn't satisfactorily tied up, though.  So you have a bunch of psycopaths, that all end up dead, what now?  

Life: ok but didn't particularly add anything to the alian genre.  

Logan: best of the bunch, possibly helped by me not having an X-Men background.  Thought the young actress in it was superb.  She has a big future.  Would recommend to a friend and happily watch again.  Also: Stephen Merchant!  How cool it is to hear a Bristolian accent in Hollywood?

The Belko Experiment: I've explained in the other thread. 

I also saw The Arrival, which KITR referenced.  Ok but as is commonly the case:- nothing new in the genre.

I liked The Wall, I don't know if you saw that?  Probably gets a 7 - which is quite generous for me.

Also, a comedy I saw last night at a friend's on Virgin was Why Him? (2016).  I found it outrageously funny, but a shame it was so crude.  Not that I mind crudeness hugely; it just restricts films to certain company.

I'd say overall there's a lot of mediocrity and repetition about but that's ok.  A classic would be mediocre if every film turned out to be a classic.  I do prefer thought provoking films and love them based on a true story.

45 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Crikey!  Where's this £17 deal you speak of?  I'm going through a bit of a film obsession just now (hey, at least it's not crack) and that sounds right up mine and my mate's street.  

I would definitely see more at that rate.

Out of the ones you reference, that I've seen:

Get Out: Pretty good conspiracy film.  It wasn't satisfactorily tied up, though.  So you have a bunch of psycopaths, that all end up dead, what now?  

Life: ok but didn't particularly add anything to the alian genre.  

Logan: best of the bunch, possibly helped by me not having an X-Men background.  Thought the young actress in it was superb.  She has a big future.  Would recommend to a friend and happily watch again.  Also: Stephen Merchant!  How cool it is to hear a Bristolian accent in Hollywood?

The Belko Experiment: I've explained in the other thread. 

I also saw The Arrival, which KITR referenced.  Ok but as is commonly the case:- nothing new in the genre.

I liked The Wall, I don't know if you saw that?  Probably gets a 7 - which is quite generous for me.

Also, a comedy I saw last night at a friend's on Virgin was Why Him? (2016).  I found it outrageously funny, but a shame it was so crude.  Not that I mind crudeness hugely; it just restricts films to certain company.

I'd say overall there's a lot of mediocrity and repetition about but that's ok.  A classic would be mediocre if every film turned out to be a classic.  I do prefer thought provoking films and love them based on a true story.

Unlimited card - after a year you also get specials and extra stuff so if you enjoy cinema it's worth doing.

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/unlimited

Yeah Get out, we all enjoyed it but felt they rushed the ending and it felt unsatisfying, but I give them a bye on it as it was enjoyable, the Girlfriend was superb, the premise was a little different - and well a small budget film doing what some larger movies failed and that's leave me feeling I watched a good film when leaving the cinema.

Life I enjoyed as I have a interest in Space, the ISS Rovers etc any, so seeing a realistic setting for (what admittingly is a far fetched alien)  was fun - also it was kinda funny in a weird way, also love how they corned themselves into the ending where whatever happened the audience were going to groan at the conclusion.

Yeah Logan was so refreshing to see, really well made film

Arrival I enjoyed nice visually, and the idea of unlocking a whole new ability for us that is there all along but just outside our understanding due to our views and perspective of the world was nice to see (feel a lot of films stick to the same themes and it's nice to see a few at least try something at least a little different).

The Wall was what I like to call delightfully cheesy - any film that has me leaving the theatre smiling is a win.

Films and books have kind of fallen victim to their own popularity, so hard to find new and refreshing ideas - I think that's why I like the characters story / portrayal so much more now, as then it does not matter so much what the film is actually about .

Tomorrow I am going to see Unlocked and The Promise (though maybe a bit chick flicky)  before hitting the pub - quite looking forward to them. I might even be adventurious and try Baahubali 2 - though Bollywood is not really my thing, it does look pretty stunning.

Archived