IGNORED

Blackburn Tribute

Robin 101

28 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

Without being disrespectful to people who prefer a minutes applause but this is in my opinion a much more impactful way of remembering those lost and something I hope City emulate.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/a-day-to-remember-3453886.aspx

I think Preston do something similar. They call it their Gentry Day I believe but I think it`s an away game for some reason. Perhaps one of their contributors on here could clarify it for us.

Its a really nice idea, only problem I foresee is the nominated name/photo submission system could (I hope not..but sadly we all know there are plenty of arseholes around) be picked up by disrespectful 'practical jokers' who would think it funny to submit names & pics of living people/mates etc in the hope they'd appear on the remembrance screen.

Ruining the solemnity of the occasion.

Hope systems are in place to guard against such abuse, it shouldn't be necessary but you know what some idiots are like.. maybe checking records of registered club membership/season ticket holders or something? (bit blunt but perhaps a photo of death cert should be submitted along with deceased photo and details?) 

Archived