IGNORED

Starting 11 on Tuesday

JasonM88

FF is a very good shot stopper and his relex saves can be very impressive. However he drives me nuts when he has the ball at his feet. He stutters, hesitates, messes about and eventually he invariably hoofs a long high ball towards Tammy who loses it in the air.

He rarely has the confidence, or vision, to make a quick pass that sets us off on a good break. I just feel he contributes to our slow play at AG. I know it isn't his fault that Tammy loses those balls so often but he takes so long that is often the only safe option left to him.

Yesterday's two errors were just symptomatic of this lack of ability/confidence with the ball.

You would hope the GK coach was working on this with him but I don't see much evidence of improvement.

We definitely need a new GK option - whether that is Lucic we won't know until he gets a chance to show us.

People are forgetting the two saves Frankie made yesterday to keep us in it! Sure, he made an error but I think it was down to the back pass more than the actual dealing of it from Frankie even if he did fumble it. It wouldn't surprised me if we went back to our diamond in midfield for this one. 

1 hour ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

People are forgetting the two saves Frankie made yesterday to keep us in it! Sure, he made an error but I think it was down to the back pass more than the actual dealing of it from Frankie even if he did fumble it. It wouldn't surprised me if we went back to our diamond in midfield for this one. 

Well 2 errors, he should have been sent off for handling outside the box preventing their player a empty net, this is on top of the Brighton being caught out fiasco, yes a great goal, but extremely poor positioning and back pedaling.

21 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Well 2 errors, he should have been sent off for handling outside the box preventing their player a empty net, this is on top of the Brighton being caught out fiasco, yes a great goal, but extremely poor positioning and back pedaling.

ummm, that wasn't frankie 

4 hours ago, Alessandro said:

IMG_4225.PNG

I like this, it'll never happen. Took a string of defeats to get a 442.

FF will play, the back pass was firm and bobbled but he had an easy ball out with his right foot. Thing is ROD is not trusted and Lucic is raw and as we're in need of points won't be tried just yet.

Don't think any of the back 4 played badly, they just seem not to be quite there as a unit.  Same as before unless LJ bring Joe in at LB.

I think he'll stick with the 442 , we're home and will expect to have a little more of the ball. I'd like to see something weird happen, the wide men play on their natural sides. With 2 big lads up front, to have men flying down the outside getting crosses in would be a novel idea. They could still both cut in as an option , but 8 of Tammy's first 10 goals resulted from crosses ....... just saying.

Tammy will obviously start, but I wonder if even LJ thinks Wilbs can handle 3 games a week. Maybe a home debut for Engvall ? 

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I like this, it'll never happen. Took a string of defeats to get a 442.

FF will play, the back pass was firm and bobbled but he had an easy ball out with his right foot. Thing is ROD is not trusted and Lucic is raw and as we're in need of points won't be tried just yet.

Don't think any of the back 4 played badly, they just seem not to be quite there as a unit.  Same as before unless LJ bring Joe in at LB.

I think he'll stick with the 442 , we're home and will expect to have a little more of the ball. I'd like to see something weird happen, the wide men play on their natural sides. With 2 big lads up front, to have men flying down the outside getting crosses in would be a novel idea. They could still both cut in as an option , but 8 of Tammy's first 10 goals resulted from crosses ....... just saying.

Tammy will obviously start, but I wonder if even LJ thinks Wilbs can handle 3 games a week. Maybe a home debut for Engvall ? 

Wilbs wont be starting 3 games in a week, think LJ hinted at that, might see him from the bench on Tuesday, or if he does start Tuesday then he'll be a sub next weekend.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Wilbs wont be starting 3 games in a week, think LJ hinted at that, might see him from the bench on Tuesday, or if he does start Tuesday then he'll be a sub next weekend.

More likely the former I should think mate, nine days off after Preston so plenty of recovery time if he does a fair stint in that one.

No idea who we'll play, but would like to see Engvall get a shot from the start.

If nothing else the opposition won't have been able to study up on him, so won't know what he's about, unlike with Tammy who it seems most sides have figured out.

And get Bobby on earlier/start him - adds about 10% to Tomlin's game, and that is enough to warrant him being involved more.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

More likely the former I should think mate, nine days off after Preston so plenty of recovery time if he does a fair stint in that one.

Good reasoning there.

I'd be quite tempted to try

Lucic

Matthews Flint Magnusson Bryan

Pack/O'neil

Reid       Smith/O'Neil

Tomlin

Tammy   Engvall

Bench: Frankie, Golbourne, Pack/Smith/O'Neil, Wilbs, Freeman, Patterson, Little.

I know this is a very narrow set up, but we have been playing very narrowly with a traditionally wide formation anyway.

On form I'd go with Pack and O'Neil with Smith on the bench, but I'd probably opt for Pack and Smith with O'Neil on the bench. That way Reid and Smith would be better at covering the wide areas than a combination of Reid and O'Neil. We would also have plenty of ways to fiddle with the formation via a substitute with those options in the bench.

This set up would be a bit of a risk but Brentford haven't been great this season and two options for Tomli n to set free behind the defence could cause a lot of problems.

55 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Good reasoning there.

I'd be quite tempted to try

Lucic

Matthews Flint Magnusson Bryan

Pack/O'neil

Reid       Smith/O'Neil

Tomlin

Tammy   Engvall

Bench: Frankie, Golbourne, Pack/Smith/O'Neil, Wilbs, Freeman, Patterson, Little.

I know this is a very narrow set up, but we have been playing very narrowly with a traditionally wide formation anyway.

On form I'd go with Pack and O'Neil with Smith on the bench, but I'd probably opt for Pack and Smith with O'Neil on the bench. That way Reid and Smith would be better at covering the wide areas than a combination of Reid and O'Neil. We would also have plenty of ways to fiddle with the formation via a substitute with those options in the bench.

This set up would be a bit of a risk but Brentford haven't been great this season and two options for Tomli n to set free behind the defence could cause a lot of problems.

We'd do well with that formation, by my calculations it's 13 players in a 4-2-3-1-2  ;)

Never done this before as I trust the manager to pick the team. But I'm hungover, tired and bored. So here goes . 

Fielding;Matthews Golbourne Flint Moore; Freeman O'Neil Brownhill Tomlin; Abraham Engvall 

Magnusson,Wilbraham,Pack,O'Donnell,Patterson,O'Dowda, Bryan

18 minutes ago, redapple said:

Never done this before as I trust the manager to pick the team. But I'm hungover, tired and bored. So here goes . 

Fielding;Matthews Golbourne Flint Moore; Freeman O'Neil Brownhill Tomlin; Abraham Engvall 

Magnusson,Wilbraham,Pack,O'Donnell,Patterson,O'Dowda, Bryan

You're not mate your still pissed

On 10/12/2016 at 18:51, JoeAman08 said:

Fielding

Matthews Flint Mags Bryan

Reid O'Neil

Freeman Tomlin O'Dowda

Tammy

i like your team selection except from maybe Lb.This team is similar to the start of the season but all players are playing in there right positions.  Reid   must start  he actually plays risky early balls to Tammy and Tomlin and actually runs at the opposition.  

I'd like to see o dowda given a run in the team  .  He is player who can beat his man with pace alone and maybe he will grow in confidence. 

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

How fickle are football fans?

Only last the Atyeo boys were singing his name and he pulled off a terrific save to keep a clean sheet. Now some fans want him dropped......:facepalm:

Quite.

As a former keeper (before switching to the "no nonsense centre-half leg-breaker" role) I know it's a thankless position.

There were mistakes all over the pitch yesterday, but Fielding's will be amplified because he's the last line.

Those with memories longer than goldfish will remember Frank's disastrous debut and shaky start, then his rehabilitation, then another poor patch and Richard O'Donnell being hailed as the messiah. ROD had two consecutive stinkers and was correctly dropped. 

Lucic could be the future, but I think personally,we'll see Fielding get another chance on Tuesday. I hope people keep off his back and are vocal in support, because confidence is crucial to a keeper more than most other players.

Brentford  have been a bit all over the place this season. This match is winnable.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Quite.

As a former keeper (before switching to the "no nonsense centre-half leg-breaker" role) I know it's a thankless position.

There were mistakes all over the pitch yesterday, but Fielding's will be amplified because he's the last line.

Those with memories longer than goldfish will remember Frank's disastrous debut and shaky start, then his rehabilitation, then another poor patch and Richard O'Donnell being hailed as the messiah. ROD had two consecutive stinkers and was correctly dropped. 

Lucic could be the future, but I think personally,we'll see Fielding get another chance on Tuesday. I hope people keep off his back and are vocal in support, because confidence is crucial to a keeper more than most other players.

Brentford  have been a bit all over the place this season. This match is winnable.

Couldn't agree more with the above.

My concern is that for whatever reason there's a fair few fans at the gate who are almost waiting for players to make mistakes so they can have a go at them.. I'm hoping this doesn't happen Tuesday with Frankie ??

14 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Couldn't agree more with the above.

My concern is that for whatever reason there's a fair few fans at the gate who are almost waiting for players to make mistakes so they can have a go at them.. I'm hoping this doesn't happen Tuesday with Frankie ??

It's happened with Fontaine and Little, unfotunately no reason why it won't happen again with Frankie. Fingers crossed that it won't.

Fielding

Moore     Flint     Magnusson

Little                                                      Bryan

Smith     O'Neil

Tomlin

Wilbs               Abraham

38 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Fielding

Moore     Flint     Magnusson

Little                                                      Bryan

Smith     O'Neil

Tomlin