IGNORED

Excuses

Langford Red

The modern coach or manager just out think there selves. When we're winning easy . When we're losing it's a totally different game . Tonight's selection was the first time I've questioned Johnson. If we took our chances who knows. But you want a response after Saturday and after 30 mins we could of been 3 down.

I think it is time to realise that our players aren't good enough at this level, and most of the summer signings have flopped.

We are now beginning to see the losing mentality setting in. Very worrying signs.

I think we have enough quality to stay up, but that is barring injury to Tammy.

January signings are a must. Hold on to your hats folks we are getting sucked in..... 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've said it elsewhere, madness to give LJ a four year contract extension at this point in time...he's totally unproven at this level...are we mad? 

No problem if SL said 'keep us up and we'll discuss your future' - but a four year extension when we are losing regularly ....not good...

A ONE year extension, but I agree.

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I think it is time to realise that our players aren't good enough at this level, and most of the summer signings have flopped.

We are now beginning to see the losing mentality setting in. Very worrying signs.

I think we have enough quality to stay up, but that is barring injury to Tammy.

January signings are a must. Hold on to your hats folks we are getting sucked in..... 

Most of the summer signing were meant for next season and on. Whether we were ready for that investment in youth yet seems clear at the moment. We need more investment in a starting XI most that weren't good enough last season are still starting this season. Bryan(been a big fan but only so many poor performances can one take), Freeman(few good games needs to keep it up), Pack(like him but seems a squad player), Smith(good player last year but woeful this one and not looking much better on a game to game basis), Wilbraham(gives his all has a role but played far too much), Fielding(has his moments but not good enough for this standard), and Little(finally getting the best of Matthews). 

If we are going to struggle I'd rather struggle with the young players we bought. May not be the standard but neither are the "experienced" ones. Frustrating few months. Today wasn't an awful performance but how many incomplete performances before we start getting good 90 minutes? 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've said it elsewhere, madness to give LJ a four year contract extension at this point in time...he's totally unproven at this level...are we mad? 

No problem if SL said 'keep us up and we'll discuss your future' - but a four year extension when we are losing regularly ....not good...

Funny as anyone who questioned the extension to Lee's deal were told they didnt have a clue and people were glad the club are sticking to the 'long term' plan.. As i said on that thread Johnson is a bad run away from getting the boot, honestly if we lose again saturday and have a bad xmas period its going to become very uncomfortable for those on the board.

Very fine margins in this league, IF Abraham had taken any one of his chances , it might have been a different result. Didn't think we played that badly but couldn't understand the substitutions. Ok, bring two attacking players on, but bring the right ones off. Pack was running the game so Smith should have come off, and what was the point in swapping Goldbourne for Bryan who was having a mare? I would be well happy with mid table this season, as long as we can see progress, lose Saturday and we could be in the shit!

1 hour ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

Very fine margins in this league, IF Abraham had taken any one of his chances , it might have been a different result. Didn't think we played that badly but couldn't understand the substitutions. Ok, bring two attacking players on, but bring the right ones off. Pack was running the game so Smith should have come off, and what was the point in swapping Goldbourne for Bryan who was having a mare? I would be well happy with mid table this season, as long as we can see progress, lose Saturday and we could be in the shit!

spot on mate

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Our owner and the people see the game in a very different way, it could prove costly either way

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

LJ's reign is reminding me a lot of Keith Millen's. Galvanised the team for half a season on his arrival, and then it startes to go downhill. I hope it doesn't end the same way

yes that extension to his contract was a bit premature, I would have at least waited till the end of the season

2 hours ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

One of the worst double substitutions ever mate and that's not hindsight, me and my lad both said that as Pack and Golbourne left the field. At the time we were playing Brentford off the park and creating plenty of chances, why would you change that....

.... because it was agreed before the game, that's why. That's what I would suggest anyway, if we were not winning with 20 minutes left, that was always going to be the substitution, cant think of any other reason why somebody who had been so influential (Pack) would be taken off.

On the plus side, that was one of the most entertaining games I have seen in yonks.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I get hacked off with newspapers talking bollocks, politicians talking out of their arses , can we please on here talk the truth or if we have nothing to say DONT say it.

19 hours ago, reddoh said:

I get hacked off with newspapers talking bollocks, politicians talking out of their arses , can we please on here talk the truth or if we have nothing to say DONT say it.

Ok, I meant LJ's contract had been extended to cover the next four years, other than that what about my post was 'bollocks' or 'talking out my arse' etc?!

And why should you tell me that I shouldn't 'say it' when it's my opinion?

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, I meant LJ's contract had been extended to cover the next four years, other than that what about my post was 'bollocks' or 'talking out my arse' etc?!

And why should you tell me that I shouldn't 'say it' when it's my opinion?

I was only talking about the extension to be f in pedantic, it has been extended by one year the first three were covered. I will agree he will have a better deal for three out of the four years (or he is stupid) and if you read my post at no point did I say your post (or your opinion) were talking bollocks etc  but it was not a four year extension. and to be perfectly honest you have the right to talk/post  whatever crap you want as long as it's not sexist racist etc

LJ will not be gone he will be here for another 2 years, and more if he turns it around

We have to remember we are a Championship team and we are still half way with plus goal difference

We are not a Prem or Div 1 team. We are where we should be CHAMPIONSHIP

LJ has to stop blaiming others, its his team and tacktics

START GETTING IT RIGHT LJ 

On 13 December 2016 at 22:02, Loco Rojo said:

The beginning of the end has started. Otib is beginning to turn.

Now, this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Thinking back to beginning of season when we were scoring goals, conceding few and chalking up a decent tally of points... UNTIL, ... as has been often stated, other teams 'sussed' us out... We changed, and changed again resulting in, shall we say, disappointing to say the least progress.No bullocks to that, we've regressed rather alarmingly with thus far not much sign of recovery....

So why not revert to what worked pretty damn well at the start of the season ? (prior to being 'sussed') the sussers would have forgotten that by now (like many of us seem to have done too) if LJ was to get back to the simples we've proven the squad can do well, spring a surprise on hopefully unexpecting opponents and clock up a few wins over the Christmas period prior to the long awaited January window it would (if it works) set us up ready to tackle 2017 wih confidence..

Stop over thinking how we can counter the strengths of opponents and let them worry about countering us once again..

Worth a try?  or am I talking shite as usual? .

On 12/14/2016 at 06:57, Strawberry2157. said:

My prediction about him being gone by Christmas was laughed at back in may! ! It was wishful thinking but he's doing his best to make it happen! :fingerscrossed: 

I am thankfully still laughing. Just my view mind you.

8 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Now, this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Which is 'Prologue - The Honeymoon' .

And to be fair it was quite a long chapter with the ending looking decidedly bewildering.

Chapter 1 is therefore set to be a feisty bit of prose.

Archived