IGNORED

Look on the bright side

glynriley

If Tammy keeps finishing like that, we well may be able to keep him next year!!

just a joke before anyone jumps down my throat. Felt for the kid tonight, kept getting himself in the right positions, just didn't go in for him. Lots of pressure on a 20 year old to be the main scorer in a championship side.

as an aside, I wouldn't have taken pack off when he did.

shit happens, onwards and ....?

7 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If Tammy keeps finishing like that, we well may be able to keep him next year!!

just a joke before anyone jumps down my throat. Felt for the kid tonight, kept getting himself in the right positions, just didn't go in for him. Lots of pressure on a 20 year old to be the main scorer in a championship side.

as an aside, I wouldn't have taken pack off when he did.

shit happens, onwards and ....?

Spot on as usual mate, not pushing the boat out and signing another striker is coming back to haunt us.

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

WTF were those substitutions for? 

Utterly shite. We were well on top, looked like we'd score, two daft subs, team looked a shambles .

In fairness I can totally understand him wanting Tomlin on at that point, but, to bring him an engvall on AND Leave Reid on left us far too open. Tomlin should have come on for Reid or at a push Korey. No need for gus , as much as we all want to see him given a chance. It's not like we weren't getting opportunities 

20 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Spot on as usual mate, not pushing the boat out and signing another striker is coming back to haunt us.

Need to sign someone to take the pressure off the lad for sure mate

Early in the season he looked assured, confident, good first touch and you would bank on him scoring. Now, even a 1 on 1 I think he's more likely to miss, he rushing, has no confidence, snatching at the ball and where he once looked as though he had all the time in the world, he now looks almost lost in front of goal. Who's job is it to give Chelsea the bad news ? We have broken Tammy...............

I couldn't believe the subs tonight. Pack was just starting to influence the game when he got taken off and bringing Engvall on as well meant we lost all our width at the one time in the game when we were really getting on top.

The most worrying thing was the way our heads went after they scored. Every bit of confidence drained out of us and we looked every inch a team going in the wrong direction. 

As for Tammy, we're asking a hell of a lot for a 19 year old to carry us and the lack of any kind of forward option to support/replace him is really hurting us now. He desperately needs a rest but we have no alternatives, and God knows what we'd do if he got injured...

3 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I couldn't believe the subs tonight. Pack was just starting to influence the game when he got taken off and bringing Engvall on as well meant we lost all our width at the one time in the game when we were really getting on top.

The most worrying thing was the way our heads went after they scored. Every bit of confidence drained out of us and we looked every inch a team going in the wrong direction. 

As for Tammy, we're asking a hell of a lot for a 19 year old to carry us and the lack of any kind of forward option to support/replace him is really hurting us now. He desperately needs a rest but we have no alternatives, and God knows what we'd do if he got injured...

Remind you of any part of last season ?

As some have suggested maybe we have a fair few players who lose confidence with alarming rate at times / for elongated spells

51 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

WTF were those substitutions for? 

Utterly shite. We were well on top, looked like we'd score, two daft subs, team looked a shambles .

We also shifted Freeman left, when he'd been electric down the right all evening. Didn't see him again.

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You can't really beat the club with the old should have signed a striker argument because evidently they tried .

Strikers don't grow on trees it's hard to get deals over the line at the last minute and despite this we very nearly did .

Bamou , the Nantes player , was on his way only for his club to sabotage the arrangement.

We had little choice but to let Kodjia go .

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You can't really beat the club with the old should have signed a striker argument because evidently they tried .

Strikers don't grow on trees it's hard to get deals over the line at the last minute and despite this we very nearly did .

Bamou , the Nantes player , was on his way only for his club to sabotage the arrangement.

We had little choice but to let Kodjia go .

i'm sorry but an ambitious club aspiring to become a prem club and being run in a professional manner would have had a database of potential replacements for such an occurrence as a moody Frenchman wanting to move and I really cannot believe that Kodjia being unsettled/ambitious came as a great shock to the club and if it did then something somewhere is not right.

9 hours ago, Fiale said:

Early in the season he looked assured, confident, good first touch and you would bank on him scoring. Now, even a 1 on 1 I think he's more likely to miss, he rushing, has no confidence, snatching at the ball and where he once looked as though he had all the time in the world, he now looks almost lost in front of goal. Who's job is it to give Chelsea the bad news ? We have broken Tammy...............

I think that when he joined, he was completely match fit - probably at a level that lots of players get to by October. That gave him an advantage as he was slightly sharper and fitter than other players. I don't think it's a coincidence it was between August and mid October he got most of his goals, by late October most players were totally match fit.

He's probably feeling the effects of such a long time of unbroken football. He didn't get an off season break and he could be burning out.

The new contract for LJ was crazy from Ashton and the board. There is a lot of negativity around LJ and rightly so. He's spent a fortune in the market and what has he bought exactly? Our summer business was poor. League 1 standard buys like Brownhill O'Dowda and Patterson. Engvall is Peter Styvar. Quite frankly too many qualities from GJ. We don't know our best 11 or formation. We've been poor most of the season with the only complete performance away at Fulham in 21 games. Not good enough. 

Considering last night we had the Cotterill team out there at the start bar 3 then you know we have issues. 

It was obvious Kodjia was off, even if we had kept him I think we would be looking at a sulky player still looking to move in January.

Tammy had a great start, with hindsight probably too good as we are now reliant on that continuing, and even the best strikers have lean patches. Instead Tammy looks to have the weight of the team on his shoulders, I'm surprised Chelsea want him played like this, he has come to learn and right now it's a harsh lesson. I've posted elsewhere wondering how many other teams have a 19 year old just about singlehandedly leading the attack. He needs time out, replaced after 60 minutes not driven into the ground mentally and physically.

We've snookered ourselves through not replacing properly, replacement and additional was needed when you consider we lost Agard too, and allowed Wes Burns to go out on loan. 3 into 1 doesn't go. I think we (the club) were distracted by the hype and excitement of signing Tomlin, maybe they thought he had more goals in him to assist Tammy? 

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

i'm sorry but an ambitious club aspiring to become a prem club and being run in a professional manner would have had a database of potential replacements for such an occurrence as a moody Frenchman wanting to move and I really cannot believe that Kodjia being unsettled/ambitious came as a great shock to the club and if it did then something somewhere is not right.

Like Engval , Bamou  who was recalled by his parent club , Campbell who got injured ?

These are just the ones we know about .

Even the top clubs have trouble stockpiling forwards.

I confess that I was a little worried when the window closed that we might struggle for goals .

I don't believe the club thought anyone would come up with a fee for Kodjia that could not be turned down .

The earlier reports of interest from other clubs talked of 4 or 5 million , Villa doubled that and I defy anyone to blame the club

a) for selling at the record fee 

b) for not having à ready made replacement in the cupboard when JK left .

It was a bit of a gamble , football nearly always is , but now we are in a good position to strengthen where it's needed thanks to this decision.

All my opinion, of course .

I think one of the pundits before the Cardiff game on TV said something along the lines of 'without Abraham's goals this season they would be 17th'.

Well unfortunately I think we are starting to see exactly what he was talking about, on the plus side we're creating chances, hopefully Abraham finds his form again soon.

Archived