IGNORED

Thoughts

Bs4Red

What an appalling match, both teams looked to set themselves up not to concede. 

I thought we were so so negative tonight against an out of sorts Brentford team, we may dominate possession but the tempo and speed of our passing is so slow. 

Having said that, reading a lot of people slating Johnson... we should have sown that game up today by half time. We have missed 5 or 6 golden opportunities and on another day we'd have won 3-0.

Now I sat there for 90 minutes bored out of my brain tonight but every now and then we show glimpses of what Johnson is trying to incorporate into this team. Unfortunately at this present moment we don't have good enough players to do it. Personally thought Bobby Reid was great tonight and showed his energy and buzz. However except him and 2 or 3 others I thought the team performance was extremely sub par. 

I've said from the start and still believe we must stick with him, however I do see people's points about starting line ups etc, I really hope and believe it will come good.  For now we are still looking up and not down. 

Onto Saturday 

5 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Sown up by half time? Brentford could've been out of sight by half time themselves. 

All about perspective I suppose. 

I totally agree with you in fact, could have been 4-4  at half time but I thought we edged it in terms of possession and actual chances both teams had 4 or 5 however I thought we possibly had the better ones 

The first 15 mins odd we were poor, Brentford could have been a couple up. I think we slowed the tempo of the game down to get into it properly, which was needed. Could have had a couple ourselves before half time.

First 15 mins of the second half I felt we dominated Brentford. They barely created, we had all the possession, were winning battles in wide area and created chances, including Tammy hitting the bar. I felt we would go onto win the game.

Bit then Johnson completely changed the shape, weirdly taking off Pack (who I thought was the best player on the pitch at that stage) which meant we lost our player who was making us tick, and switched to a diamond meaning we got out run in midfield. Unsurprisingly we then conceded more chances and a goal and lost our footing in the game. A real shame because I think Johnson just wanted to push on for the win but IMO was the wrong decision. We all get it wrong sometimes though so I'm just going to stress I'm far from calling for his head!

On individuals, Bryan has played a lot better. I think he might be low of confidence, perhaps from regularly changing positions? Reid getting mixed reports, I thought he did well, a lot of defensive work done and regularly tried to get closer to Tammy. Lucic was impressive, clearly confident in his ability to play out from the back but did so well. Shame Tammy didn't take one of his chances, another day could have had 2 or 3.

Overall a really enjoyable game, bar the result, with two teams who created more chances than the 1-0 score line might suggest IMO. 3 points Saturday. COYR!

8 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

The first 15 mins odd we were poor, Brentford could have been a couple up. I think we slowed the tempo of the game down to get into it properly, which was needed. Could have had a couple ourselves before half time.

First 15 mins of the second half I felt we dominated Brentford. They barely created, we had all the possession, were winning battles in wide area and created chances, including Tammy hitting the bar. I felt we would go onto win the game.

Bit then Johnson completely changed the shape, weirdly taking off Pack (who I thought was the best player on the pitch at that stage) which meant we lost our player who was making us tick, and switched to a diamond meaning we got out run in midfield. Unsurprisingly we then conceded more chances and a goal and lost our footing in the game. A real shame because I think Johnson just wanted to push on for the win but IMO was the wrong decision. We all get it wrong sometimes though so I'm just going to stress I'm far from calling for his head!

On individuals, Bryan has played a lot better. I think he might be low of confidence, perhaps from regularly changing positions? Reid getting mixed reports, I thought he did well, a lot of defensive work done and regularly tried to get closer to Tammy. Lucic was impressive, clearly confident in his ability to play out from the back but did so well. Shame Tammy didn't take one of his chances, another day could have had 2 or 3.

Overall a really enjoyable game, bar the result, with two teams who created more chances than the 1-0 score line might suggest IMO. 3 points Saturday. COYR!

Agree about Lucic however I didn't mind the subs, understand your point but also think the subs were aggressive and a clear show we were going for the win. 

From what I've seen I think Korey has lost a yard or so since his injury and think he should have made way instead of Pack who again I thought was good today 

Archived