IGNORED

TRAFFIC....who missed KO ,entire game?

slartibartfast

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Totally agree, I've been waiting at that roundabout for 20 mins some mornings, just watching endless streams of people crossing the zebras at each exit.

Doesn't help my mood when the arrogant, self righteous, 'above the law' cyclists just go straight through the people because they don't need to stop at zebra crossings....

It's when they ride through a blatant red light that I get annoyed, oh and cycling on a pavement that isn't a cycle path.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Left Taunton about 5.45. No problems on the M5 and off at Gordano about 6.30, got stuck in a queue on Rownham Hill just at the junction with the bridge road and took 20 minutes from there to the cricket club. Parked up about 7.05.

I live in Burnham On Sea and never use the Gordano route now, due to the long delays on Rownham Hill. Come off the M5 at WSM, sail into Ashton Gate with no hold ups and stress free!

Come on boys and girls. Not all of us cyclists do those things (but agree some do). I cycle when and where I can, usually over 1000 miles a year. I will be on my bike from Nailsea to Ashton Gate on Saturday. This will mean one less car and one more parking space. 

PS. I also drive a car and know not all drivers obey the rules :-)

4 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

I live in Burnham On Sea and never use the Gordano route now, due to the long delays on Rownham Hill. Come off the M5 at WSM, sail into Ashton Gate with no hold ups and stress free!

Yeah we used to do that but got really pissed off with all the 30 limits along there. Is there generally much traffic on there and, more to the point, what`s it like getting onto the nightmare roundabout at the end by AG - we would want to park up at Bower Ashton or the cricket club for an easy getaway back to the M5 at Gordano so would want to just go one junction round it.

On 13/12/2016 at 23:01, JamesBCFC said:

I missed the first 10 minutes, took me 2.5 hours to get there from Kingswood (albeit on pubic transport). Ended up walking from Cabot Circus

At the beginning of the season there was a discussion about using the Park and Ride buses from Brislington, and as a Kingswood resident myself I thought the prices were far too high considering.

If the buses are now taking ages to get across the City Centre, then I feel vindicated driving to Ashton Gate.

Without wishing to annoy everyone on this thread, I left Kingswood at 5:45 and was there in under an hour.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah we used to do that but got really pissed off with all the 30 limits along there. Is there generally much traffic on there and, more to the point, what`s it like getting onto the nightmare roundabout at the end by AG - we would want to park up at Bower Ashton or the cricket club for an easy getaway back to the M5 at Gordano so would want to just go one junction round it.

We save approx 20 minutes vs the Gordano route( far more on a night match) and (touch wood) haven't had any hold ups so far this season. If you are parking at Bower Ashton, I guess you are quite early, therefore the roundabout is no problem. Good luck.

7 hours ago, shelts said:

Walked down the Novers steps at 5-50 and was in the spoons in Bemmy by 6-20, not a lot of traffic when walking. Out of the spoons by 7-25 and into the ground by 

7-42!!

Perfect. That sounds the job. Did you have to wait at any zebra crossings for an endless stream of dastardly cars intent on ruining your, and only your evening?

1 hour ago, Ashtonboy said:

We save approx 20 minutes vs the Gordano route( far more on a night match) and (touch wood) haven't had any hold ups so far this season. If you are parking at Bower Ashton, I guess you are quite early, therefore the roundabout is no problem. Good luck.

It`s never Saturday games that are a problem, we leave Taunton at about 12:30 and are usually parked up by 1:20 or so (except caravan season of course) and are quite `lucky` in that one of us has a blue badge so we`re not governed by the three hour maximum stay in a pay and display.

It`s really only night games that are a problem and I`m wondering whether your solution is the thing to do for them perhaps.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s never Saturday games that are a problem, we leave Taunton at about 12:30 and are usually parked up by 1:20 or so (except caravan season of course) and are quite `lucky` in that one of us has a blue badge so we`re not governed by the three hour maximum stay in a pay and display.

It`s really only night games that are a problem and I`m wondering whether your solution is the thing to do for them perhaps.

BUT you are governed by the 3 hour limit on your BB, surely?

My company were considering relocating to Bristol but rejected it because of traffic issues. The M32, Aztec West, A4, a38, a371 and any other arterial route into Bristol is a complete shambles. As a student at UWE 20 years ago it was always quicker to cycle from Clifton than drive for morning lectures. These days you could probably crawl the same route on all fours faster than driving. Rant over 

1 hour ago, Red Army Faction said:

As it should be. ;-) 

Having lived on the North Side of the River for 65 years and supported City for over Sixty years as well as my father and grandfather before me …. there is no need to disrespectful of us  NORTHY’s……  

Took an hour from Portishead !  Due to working on Saturday I might take the portway park and ride.    Anyone know what time the last bus leaves. 

P&R Timetables from BCFC Website

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/media/8649/bus-time-table-ag1.pdf

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/documents/bus-time-table-ag2213-3376160.pdf

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/media/8651/bus-time-table-ag4.pdf

But get to the Portway early as the buss leaves full or not !! 

NB  RETURN from Robins Lay-bye leaves on the dot  or wait for twenty mins for the next to leave..

On 15/12/2016 at 04:23, tommy_b said:

I don't park anywhere near the ground nor go down the hill past Ashton Court towards Winterstoke Road...  I'm not stupid.

Portishead > Suspension Bridge > park up in Hotwells around Hope Chapel Hill or around there and walk from there. 

Hmmm, I must say this is very gallant of you informing all the people on here where your nice easy parking space is.

What time would you suggest is best to get there?

On 14/12/2016 at 21:07, The Horse With No Name said:

Yes bums on seats was about 13,500

I sat there embarrassed it looked and sounded empty. 

Shows position, performance and price is everything. There is absolutely no excuse not to make the effort. I drive to Frampton from Cotham (17:45). Get to Frampton at 18:30. Instantly leave with Dad. Get there for about 19:30. 

Why don't I just go from Cotham. Can't park. Impossible to get back up there in time to pick up my car after a game. Home about 22:45. Hate Tuesday nights.

Never had that many problems.  I live in south Bristol, Work in Swindon, I hit the rush hour every day, including dropping off a colleague in Bradley Stoke. I can get through Bristol pretty quickly even now. I guess its all about knowing the city back streets well, and not just the back streets in the area you live in.

Archived