IGNORED

Drinking Mans club culture returning to the Gate?

brady bunch

No Source, no spotting of the boys in the Avon Gorge drinking with Curbishly, LJ has not given me the whisper... but just looking at the physical shape and lack of puff / running from players,  many of whom used to be fit. It reminded me of the bad old days...

My thought process is also aided by the “trip to the races” farce, trekking to Huddersfield to watch a team that looked like they were from the Downs league, plus some of our other recent games and the fact we have recruited a few "lads" who like to party. Some of them who like to show us pictures on social media of orange juice and salads, but look and run (and fail to track back) like aging pie and ale eating pub players.

At Huddersfield we had a middle of Freeman, Smith, Pack and Tomlin, The wide players were done time and again for pace going forwards and backwards, Korey as many have mentioned,  looks a shadow of last year and to me also looks overweight and unfit. Tomlin is a class act, I love to watch him, but he needs hard working fit players around him.

I hope I am wrong, I am a fan of LJ and think he is a smart guy, but from what I see on the field and from the shape of the players, it has the whiff of the playboy and not so much of the playing fields to me..  

Archived