IGNORED

Is LJ just Mcinnes in disguise

Londoner

I remember it well, battering palace 4-1 at home followed by an outstanding performance and result against Cardiff, one of the best teams in the league, resulting in a 4-2 win.....and then it all went wrong....

I can see the similarities, the tinkering of tactics, the negativity in the performances, and most worryingly....players who look lost and confused by what they are asked on do...

We saw it all yesterday 4231 followed by 433 ending up with 41212.....please LJ dont confuse the players!!

Also similar to Mcinnes, players seemingly relegated to obscurity....Patterson O'Dowda nowhere to be seen....the later for a considerable amount of time since he had a fair shot.

Granted at this stage we aren't at that level of ineptitude...but it's growing quickly.

I am not stating that the same will happen...but first the first time I've seen a bcfc manager go overboard with chops and changes and a lack of consistency which seems to be confusing everyone....both tactically and personel.

LJ stick to your beliefs of good football..stop making uneccessary changes and give the OPPORTUNITY for players to gain some consistency.

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Funny, only this morning I was thinking that it could end up like that. Too much tinkering and players end up not knowing what to do.

You can see the signs....excellent when took over and a good start to the next season....tbh lj has no excuse with the tinkering....completely wrong to do so.

7 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Yes by those who don't understand the game.

I often think this. You get some debates on players on here it it gets very aggressive and personal. He has been in management four years and played football at a good level for over a decade, but by what i have been reading recently he knows **** all!

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Yes by those who don't understand the game.

Its not about understanding the game, its basically that some have a completely irrational dislike of Johnson and now we're on a bad run they have come out of the woodwork. In their eyes the guy could lead City to a 5-1 win and they'll be criticising the goal we conceded

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I often think this. You get some debates on players on here it it gets very aggressive and personal. He has been in management four years and played football at a good level for over a decade, but by what i have been reading recently he knows **** all!

That doesn't excuse some of the appalling tactical decisions he has made recently. 

2 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Its not about understanding the game, its basically that some have a completely irrational dislike of Johnson and now we're on a bad run they have come out of the woodwork. In their eyes the guy could lead City to a 5-1 win and they'll be criticising the goal we conceded

Not strictly true....I like LJ, I think he talks well and has a good philosophy  (which however seems to be going out of the window).

I am very unhappy with decisions he has made recently, quite a few of them....when they are pretty inexcusable that's when the knives come out....and rightly so.

LJ doesn't remind me of McInness. He reminds me of his dad during the latter part of his time at City. Gary started by playing a settled team that didn't score many but didn't conceded many either. This brought success and nearly promotion to the Premier League. Then it all went pear shaped and he started picking a different team each week, with obvious poor results. Lee should look back at the early years of Gary's reign and decide on his best team / formation, then stick with it. 

7 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Not strictly true....I like LJ, I think he talks well and has a good philosophy  (which however seems to be going out of the window).

I am very unhappy with decisions he has made recently, quite a few of them....when they are pretty inexcusable that's when the knives come out....and rightly so.

Fair to criticise if necessary not take delight in the 'I told you so' form

That comment wasn't aimed at you but there is a few on here are in that category

8 minutes ago, Londoner said:

He's the manager he makes the decisions. I don't see how they're inexcusable. Consistency? Sure we need it and he tinkers a bit too much too soon. Need to establish an XI and fit players in when needed. The inexcusable bit though is weird to me. He gets paid to do what right for the club and I'm sure he has his reasons for his lineups, formations, etc. I don't think he's gotten anything laughably wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Does Jose Mourinho know his best 11?

I think he has figured that out recently or mostly. His tinkering was to find his best XI though. Doesn't seem like LJ is doing that. Seems like someone is playing to match this team and next game this guy is playing because he is a better fit against this opposition. I think we focus to much on opposition and not enough on us. Build the squad, find your best 14-15, get them familiar with each other and after half a season then start doing more in depth tactical planning to match teams. My opinion anyway 

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think he has figured that out recently or mostly. His tinkering was to find his best XI though. Doesn't seem like LJ is doing that. Seems like someone is playing to match this team and next game this guy is playing because he is a better fit against this opposition. I think we focus to much on opposition and not enough on us. Build the squad, find your best 14-15, get them familiar with each other and after half a season then start doing more in depth tactical planning to match teams. My opinion anyway 

Do you think on the whole, our squad of players are of a similar ability? 

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I remember it well, battering palace 4-1 at home followed by an outstanding performance and result against Cardiff, one of the best teams in the league, resulting in a 4-2 win.....and then it all went wrong....

I can see the similarities, the tinkering of tactics, the negativity in the performances, and most worryingly....players who look lost and confused by what they are asked on do...

We saw it all yesterday 4231 followed by 433 ending up with 41212.....please LJ dont confuse the players!!

Also similar to Mcinnes, players seemingly relegated to obscurity....Patterson O'Dowda nowhere to be seen....the later for a considerable amount of time since he had a fair shot.

Granted at this stage we aren't at that level of ineptitude...but it's growing quickly.

I am not stating that the same will happen...but first the first time I've seen a bcfc manager go overboard with chops and changes and a lack of consistency which seems to be confusing everyone....both tactically and personel.

LJ stick to your beliefs of good football..stop making uneccessary changes and give the OPPORTUNITY for players to gain some consistency.

Are you a gashead in disguise ??

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

He's the manager he makes the decisions. I don't see how they're inexcusable. Consistency? Sure we need it and he tinkers a bit too much too soon. Need to establish an XI and fit players in when needed. The inexcusable bit though is weird to me. He gets paid to do what right for the club and I'm sure he has his reasons for his lineups, formations, etc. I don't think he's gotten anything laughably wrong. 

Sorry but when Mcinnes was the manager he signed foster, mcgivern etc....but he's the manager, how is it inexcusable.....pretty obvious really.

Of course he has got things laughably wrong...how, on earth, is korey Smith in the starting xi??? How??? What has he offered this season?? He has cost us against Wednesday, Brighton, Huddersfield and offered next to no protection.....inexcusable to be starting with him at the moment. 

I believe we have too big a squad now. This is leading to LJ trying to fit everyone in hence the constant changes. 

Changes, 3 or 4 formations in every game its no wonder we are playing with no real purpose or clear pattern of play. 

Time to try a 3412 formation. We've tried everything else!

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I believe we have too big a squad now. This is leading to LJ trying to fit everyone in hence the constant changes. 

Changes, 3 or 4 formations in every game its no wonder we are playing with no real purpose or clear pattern of play. 

Time to try a 3412 formation. We've tried everything else!

Haven't tried Peps 11 midfielders though.

Did anyone else notice yesterday the keeper going up for a corner but left 2 men back?? Bizarre.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Can't say they aren't really. Tomlin on his day as well as Tammy. Everyone else I think is of similar ability. A few with high potential though. Why is that? 

We have 3 players that stand out. All the others are of the same ability. Chuck them in a pot, mix them around and pick who you like. Think what I'm saying is we need more quality in January 

Archived