IGNORED

LJs obession with playing 2 holding midfielders

old_eastender

For me very much part of our problem atm is LJ continually picking 2 out of Pack/GON/Smith to start. It is what leads LJ to try and play Tomlin left midfield when we go 4-4-2. A diamond midfield formation by definition has 1 holding player, (on current form I'd say that should be Pack). Even when we play 4-5-1 we don't need 2 holding midfielders as trouble is none of Pack/GON/Smith is comfortable bringing the ball out into the opponents half, so they don't, so when two of them play, Tomlin keeps dropping back to collect the ball, leaving Tammy isolated.

Reid is the only midfield player we have with the energy, drive and vision in central midfield (yes I know his finishing is poor), but he has to play alongside just 1 of the 3 stooges, with Tomlin in the no.10 role.

I personally cannot understand how a PROFESSIONAL manager can justify some of the decisions he has made.

Bobby has been excellent in a cm 2.....huge leaps made. He scores, he creates, he works hard......please someone remind me the last time Korea Smith HAD A SHOT let alone create an opportunity. 

I think this decision in particular has been a disgrace, there is no justification for the consistent mess around of Bobby's position.

Try it, OK fair enough, try it again, OK..but if this continues I will lose faith in LJ because he should be seeing how 

1- good Bobby has been

2- poor korey has been

Archived