IGNORED

Will LJ be our manager in one years time?

nimrod

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Probably someone who didn't want LJ, instead clamoring for Nigel Pearson, you know, the geezer who did such a good job at Derby...?

Ah, but it would have been so different had Pearson come here.

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Ah, but it would have been so different had Pearson come here.

Exactly. Thing is nobody knows what's going to happen once an appointment is made. On the face of it, Pearson looked a shrewd move for Derby, but it all went tits up.

All we can do as fans is try to support the manager as best, and for as long as we can, even though it's difficult sometimes (yes Mr O'Driscoll I'm looking at you)

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Law of averages in this league.  When managers like Rowett get sacked, you can never expect longevity.  It's not that I think he will get sacked or that another club won't want him...just statistics!

Foreign owners should be forbidden from English football as they don't even understand they are total nuts. EU excluded as you will never BREX it as ****dead as you are. 

Yes

But don't expect us to be pushing for the playoffs in the next 12 months. Mid table at best I'm afraid & the media lustre currently surrounding him will have tarnished a bit. Also remember Steve Lansdown is unbelievably loyal to managers compared to the Chinese owners of clubs in this league.

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The fact there are people hoping he won't be is very depressing.

Since getting the job we have produced top half form, and the result is some hoping he won't be with us in the near future. What fantastic 'support'. 

Glad I'll never have to set foot in the trenches with these people

58 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Glad I'll never have to set foot in the trenches with these people

you will be surprised how these people will stand shoulder to shoulder with you when the fan hits the shit, just remember its easy to moan when life is Rosie.

23 hours ago, 29AR said:

Hopefully? So you would rather he failed than turned things around and proved himself to be the manager you doubt him to be capable of.  Top fan! 

Well obviously I want team to succeed, not with him. Never rated him as a player let alone an untried manager. Seemed to me that he was chosen as he had links with the club and not on ability.

10 minutes ago, rhonddared said:

Well obviously I want team to succeed, not with him. Never rated him as a player let alone an untried manager. Seemed to me that he was chosen as he had links with the club and not on ability.

So you want the team to do well but would rather he failed just to prove you 'right'.

Brilliant 

7 hours ago, rhonddared said:

Well he took Oldham from fighting relegation to narrowly missing the playoffs with no money, and then led Barnsley to Wembley with no money. He has so far taken us from relegation certainties to a mid-table side with a net spend of virtually nothing and in less than a year, with a squad he isn't happy with.

He hasn't had an outstanding managerial career, but he hasn't really had the chance to.

He has, however, let each club in a better state than when he arrived- that suggests some ability.

He was also singled out by Manchester City to be their youth team coach, but turned the job down and is highly rated by many coaches across the country, though I'm sure that's entirely down to his links with us rather than any possibility of him having some ability.

Finally, surely you would want the team to succeed with any manager we have? I would have refused to buy a season ticket and likely not gone to any games if Warnock was made manager because I cannot stand him or his 'style', but I would still want the team to do well regardless.

Archived