IGNORED

North End team news

pnefcok

A few lines on injuries, formations etc. ahead of tomorrow's match.

We have regularly played 3-5-2 away form home under Grayson. Although we haven't done it as much this season, we did revert back to it at Forest on Wednesday, so which system we will play I'm not too sure. Aiden McGeady is fit again so we could revert back to 4-3-3 with him and Callum Robinson either side of Simon Makienok.

Injuries - Paul Gallagher (big loss) and John Welsh are most likely out. Ben Pearson, a key player, had to come off on Wednesday but it is said not to be too serious so hopefully he is available. McGeady is fit again after a groin strain. Stevie May is fit again after over 12 months out having damaged 3 knee ligaments in November last season. He hasn't played yet though and any role for him will probably be on the bench, 10-15 minute cameo max. if he does play. Calum Woods is out for the season so it will probably be Alex Baptiste at right back, or Marnick Vermijl at right wing back if we play 3-5-2.

Beckford and Doyle are still suspended after the handbags and subsequent red cards at Sheffield Wednesday, although they rarely feature anyway so they aren't really a big miss.

Jordan Hugill started the season well up top but his form has dried up lately and Makienok is likely to start up top. He is a real handful and has shown an eye for goal at times too, scoring at Forest on Wednesday.

Should be an interesting game.

@pnefcok @Mortis welcome in advance to Ashton Gate.

It will be an interesting game.  I thought you might struggle a bit this season - not relegation, but lower than last season, but you seem capable again of getting results.

Big game for us.  Too many of our fans were thinking 6 points v Btrentfotd and PNE, some even suggesting 9 points including Wolves.

We need to go back to basics a bit...like Ipswich game (wasn't there but that was the talk).  Would love us to grind out a 1-0, but suspect it will be a game where you frustrate us, because you can defend,...and we will have some hairy moments getting caught on the break.

i can't predict it....obviously hope we win, but let's hope the continued good spirits between our clubs remains.

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

A few lines on injuries, formations etc. ahead of tomorrow's match.

We have regularly played 3-5-2 away form home under Grayson. Although we haven't done it as much this season, we did revert back to it at Forest on Wednesday, so which system we will play I'm not too sure. Aiden McGeady is fit again so we could revert back to 4-3-3 with him and Callum Robinson either side of Simon Makienok.

Injuries - Paul Gallagher (big loss) and John Welsh are most likely out. Ben Pearson, a key player, had to come off on Wednesday but it is said not to be too serious so hopefully he is available. McGeady is fit again after a groin strain. Stevie May is fit again after over 12 months out having damaged 3 knee ligaments in November last season. He hasn't played yet though and any role for him will probably be on the bench, 10-15 minute cameo max. if he does play. Calum Woods is out for the season so it will probably be Alex Baptiste at right back, or Marnick Vermijl at right wing back if we play 3-5-2.

Beckford and Doyle are still suspended after the handbags and subsequent red cards at Sheffield Wednesday, although they rarely feature anyway so they aren't really a big miss.

Jordan Hugill started the season well up top but his form has dried up lately and Makienok is likely to start up top. He is a real handful and has shown an eye for goal at times too, scoring at Forest on Wednesday.

Should be an interesting game.

Have a safe trip down @pnefcok 

We have a very settled side which will pick itself 

:whistle:

Actually if Mr Grayson has any idea who will start for us , in what position , and what formation ...:. Well he's one step ahead of any of us !!! ;)

Morning all , just about to set off from Preston on me own ! and always looking forward to this one , as the OP states we do have quite a lot of injuries and the loss of Pearson was evident after 60 minutes on Wednesday and without him Wesh , Gallagher we really are short in midfield of quality , felt confident last season but think after a tough game on Wednesday we might not get anything today however whether we win , lose or draw I'll enjoy myself and hopfully have a chat with a few city fans before and after the match and hope the good feeling between the two sets continues , Hope Oskar is on and doing well and enjoy the match - Mortis 

1 hour ago, Mortis said:

Morning all , just about to set off from Preston on me own ! and always looking forward to this one , as the OP states we do have quite a lot of injuries and the loss of Pearson was evident after 60 minutes on Wednesday and without him Wesh , Gallagher we really are short in midfield of quality , felt confident last season but think after a tough game on Wednesday we might not get anything today however whether we win , lose or draw I'll enjoy myself and hopfully have a chat with a few city fans before and after the match and hope the good feeling between the two sets continues , Hope Oskar is on and doing well and enjoy the match - Mortis 

Hi mortis 

Have a safe trip down you can join us by the stage in the fans zone.

you will be made welcome 

Been a while since the game but thought I would give my thoughts on my visit to the ground and on the game itself , as always enjoyed the atmosphere pre match although had a truly horrendous journey down ( took a tad over 6 hrs ) and got to the ground an awful lot later than I hoped but had a decent chat to a couple of city fans pre match over a Burger and as always dam decent fans , we didnt turn up at all in the first 15 minutes and had you had that final killer ball / cross we could have been 2/3 down without getting over the half way line , big shot for a penalty but from my view wasnt sure it was but have seen them given , thought we gradually found a foot hold in the game and with our first real chance we took the lead ( very soft goal from your perspective not stopping the cross ) and that gave us the shot in the arm to finish the half stronger and should have had a second with Robinson ( still not sure how he failed to score ) .... ,  second half I thought was a little more of last seasons Preston , playing on the counter and thought we where comfortable at 1-0 but Wilbs really is guaranteed a goal versus us and at 1-1 I would have happily taken a point at that stage , tails up you had a good spell and the winner was slightly against the run of play and a fluke ( I dont think for one second he meant that ) and for back to back seasons we left with a 2-1 win when I think a draw in both games would have been fair...

I honestly think there is very very little between the two sides , perhaps we are a bit more savvy at times and you with the run you are on confidence is huge in a football game but I have no doubt you possess the quality to bounce back and I do think wlll finish the season amongst us in mid table and maybe even higher , we had our worst game of the season by a mile against a Leeds and defended like a pub side ..... having spent less than 3 Million on our squad and finishing 11th last season some of our locals are dismayed at our position , i cannot fathom that as we are doing superb and no doubt will never please some , Johnson hasnt been long in the job at Bristol City and from the 90 minutes I saw and the results I think you are not far away from the top six ...

Have a great New Year and I look forward to seeing your supporters at Deepdale for a mid table clash ! later in the season and back at Ashton Gate in 2017 and the stadium is outstanding , looked good last season but it really is superb 

All the best for 2017

Mortis 

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Mortis said:

I honestly think there is very very little between the two sides , perhaps we are a bit more savvy at times

I've thought this on a number of times this season

Last season I think we could have excused it, but still very naive at times

1 hour ago, Mortis said:

Been a while since the game but thought I would give my thoughts on my visit to the ground and on the game itself , as always enjoyed the atmosphere pre match although had a truly horrendous journey down ( took a tad over 6 hrs ) and got to the ground an awful lot later than I hoped but had a decent chat to a couple of city fans pre match over a Burger and as always dam decent fans , we didnt turn up at all in the first 15 minutes and had you had that final killer ball / cross we could have been 2/3 down without getting over the half way line , big shot for a penalty but from my view wasnt sure it was but have seen them given , thought we gradually found a foot hold in the game and with our first real chance we took the lead ( very soft goal from your perspective not stopping the cross ) and that gave us the shot in the arm to finish the half stronger and should have had a second with Robinson ( still not sure how he failed to score ) .... ,  second half I thought was a little more of last seasons Preston , playing on the counter and thought we where comfortable at 1-0 but Wilbs really is guaranteed a goal versus us and at 1-1 I would have happily taken a point at that stage , tails up you had a good spell and the winner was slightly against the run of play and a fluke ( I dont think for one second he meant that ) and for back to back seasons we left with a 2-1 win when I think a draw in both games would have been fair...

I honestly think there is very very little between the two sides , perhaps we are a bit more savvy at times and you with the run you are on confidence is huge in a football game but I have no doubt you possess the quality to bounce back and I do think wlll finish the season amongst us in mid table and maybe even higher , we had our worst game of the season by a mile against a Leeds and defended like a pub side ..... having spent less than 3 Million on our squad and finishing 11th last season some of our locals are dismayed at our position , i cannot fathom that as we are doing superb and no doubt will never please some , Johnson hasnt been long in the job at Bristol City and from the 90 minutes I saw and the results I think you are not far away from the top six ...

Have a great New Year and I look forward to seeing your supporters at Deepdale for a mid table clash ! later in the season and back at Ashton Gate in 2017 and the stadium is outstanding , looked good last season but it really is superb 

All the best for 2017

Mortis 

If only half of our fans could see this..!

Archived