IGNORED

Wilbraham

Red Army 75

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

For all the doom and gloom tonight and rightly so . I wish the rest of the players had his desire . What an example 

He's a phenomenon, no wonder his career has lasted so long.

What a brilliant pro.

19 minutes ago, shelts said:

What a fantastic header that was. Fair play not my favourite player but I will never question his heart and desire to play for my club. 

I wish our other players would learn from that, heading across the goal/keeper instead of at them.

He's our hardman with that know-how, that little bit of something he leaves on a player - we need 1 or 2 more.  Flint is not a hardman, that's not a criticism.  I actually enjoyed Pack's tackle on Baptiste.  Could've easily just won the tackle fair and square, but he made sure he left something on Baptiste - the crowd enjoyed it too.  O'Neil had a few moments like this earlier in the season, but ultimately we are too nice, and that's why we can be the better side and get zero points.  We never give away a yellow card with a cynical foul when we are being broken on.  We never just commit senseless niggly fouls to break up the play and monentum, when a team's dominating us.  Have we got a player the opposition and opposition fans dislike....Wilbs only I suspect, Tomlin possibly because of his ability.

That's what we need, in more than one position.  Engvall looks like he'll stand no sh1t from the few minutes we've seen.  Wade had that little foot-up challenge in him too.  Baker - obviously, but his red must could detract.  Kodjia - whacked McFadzean off the ball.

Its not what we want to see, but it's what we need. 

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

We are rather naive . Tackle properly no need for hatchet men, very easy to leave one on an opponent and make it look like a good tackle. 

Wasn't suggesting Terry Hurlock-type player, just those players who an opponent knows he won't be able to intimidate, or he might get a taste of his own medicine.

Danny Williams is a player I often quote, who dies everything (just about) within the laws of the game to break a game up...not a bad footballer either.  Yet he avoids yellows and gets away with it all game.  I know he got a straight red for sticking his head in v `Fulham, but he gets away with countless niggly fouls that a ref deems unworthy of cards, when he should be booking him for totting them up.

My other oft-quoted nasty bast@rd is Dennis Bergkamp. Sly!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn't suggesting Terry Hurlock-type player, just those players who an opponent knows he won't be able to intimidate, or he might get a taste of his own medicine.

Danny Williams is a player I often quote, who dies everything (just about) within the laws of the game to break a game up...not a bad footballer either.  Yet he avoids yellows and gets away with it all game.  I know he got a straight red for sticking his head in v `Fulham, but he gets away with countless niggly fouls that a ref deems unworthy of cards, when he should be booking him for totting them up.

Wilbs  isn`t too bad at the dark arts mind.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sly can be cool. I'd love to c a Dave Martin in our side!!

Archived