IGNORED

442 from now on

stogursey red

We need to play 442 from now on we looked a total different team when we went to it today, just feel if we where like that all game we could have took them,

Tammy needs someone next to him to do the fight so he don't have to and can be in the right place more,

Also would stop there wingers having the freedom of the pitch

2 hours ago, stogursey red said:

We need to play 442 from now on we looked a total different team when we went to it today, just feel if we where like that all game we could have took them,

Tammy needs someone next to him to do the fight so he don't have to and can be in the right place more,

Also would stop there wingers having the freedom of the pitch

I thought we looked very good for the first 20 today 

4 minutes ago, nickolas said:

352. The only formation that will give width, midfield numbers, tomlin in the team central and behind two strikers. 

Unfortunately that will mean Bryan may have to play!  :grr:

Joe will come good again. He started so positively today. I think 3-5-2 is the only way to go now with Matthews & Bryan as wing backs.

45 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

No no no. 3.5.2. Best way to get Tomlin, 2 strikers and some width. We can't defend so why play 4 at the back? 2 wingers and a striker needed. 

Wingers ?

Dont think LJ will sign wingers - we play through the middle with short passing - well that's the philosophy

(The 'bomb alleys' are closed)

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

No no no. 3.5.2. Best way to get Tomlin, 2 strikers and some width. We can't defend so why play 4 at the back? 2 wingers and a striker needed. 

Still not sure he happy with how to play midfield to forwards.

All I am sure is tied, Tomlin, Abraham have to be in some combination as they all work well together

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I swear tomlin was playing some kind of deep lying playmaker role today. What's the point when we have pack and o'neil as defensive midfielders? Such a gap between midfield and attack. At one point Bryan was clear on the left, puts in a great ball and tomlin just did not have the legs to get up and support tammy. We need 2 options minimum when getting balls in the box. Far too often it's just tammy in there. People keep going on about playing tomlin in his preferred position but I really do think it's best for the team that he plays left of a 4-3-3. If we go 4-4-2 then we'll just get overrun like against Huddersfield. Maybe do it and drop tomlin. But I don't see wilbs as an answer to play regularly. Thank God the transfer window is so close. 

He does this quite often and the fact we've been starting 2 holding midfielders has been hurting us. We end up with 3 holding. That's why Bobby starting there was important as he'd get forward when Tomlin dropped deep. 

Archived