IGNORED

Simon MAKIENOK

AppyDAZE

Flint won virtually every header against him today, but of course he tried to get on Magnússon to avoid the battle with Flint.  It's a funny one that the right foot, left foot combo seems so ideal, but it can be restrictive.  I'd have let Flint follow him around all game, but we like to pass on marking to keep our left and right footers on their half/side of the pitch.  That's why Hogan exploited the gaps well on Tuesday, playing on one and then darting into the hole behind the other.  If the passing on marking is good, then it's no issue, but when it's slightly out, a player like Hogan can use his movement to good effect.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Flint won virtually every header against him today, but of course he tried to get on Magnússon to avoid the battle with Flint.  It's a funny one that the right foot, left foot combo seems so ideal, but it can be restrictive.  I'd have let Flint follow him around all game, but we like to pass on marking to keep our left and right footers on their half/side of the pitch.  That's why Hogan exploited the gaps well on Tuesday, playing on one and then darting into the hole behind the other.  If the passing on marking is good, then it's no issue, but when it's slightly out, a player like Hogan can use his movement to good effect.

There is no way we won all the headers against this guy today. I agtree
Flint was good, shame Magners is having a bit of a blip. I think anyway that from their point of view you would be happy at how he occupied our defence. I think we need a big guy, in the Smith mould to add to the arsenal. but the set pieces will have to improve 100 percent.. shocking delivery  and plz stop these jokey long throws 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hogan cute by getting in the middle of both centre alfs and then playing on their shoulders. Maggers poor in the air . 

To be honest, I wasn't sure whether he was on loan on a permanent. I thought he was excellent today, and decent when I've seen play for Charlton. Easy to knock a guy that is tall and say "ah, yeah but it's only his size that makes him dangerous." Not a bad bit of business getting him in for me

Interesting that the OP thought he was "decent" whenever he played for Charlton, as the consensus from their fans after a dismal 5 goals in 39 games for them last season was that he was totally shit. So bad that he was booed whenever he touched the ball in one home game I saw on Sky v Ipswich and was then taken off to avoid being sent off.

However it is all about the club & the manager, Preston are a far more stable outfit than Charlton and also play a more direct style than most.

Feeling much more valued, Grayson has already got more out of him than Charlton did and he looked a threat every time he moved on to challenge Hordur rather than Flint...

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting that the OP thought he was "decent" whenever he played for Charlton, as the consensus from their fans after a dismal 5 goals in 39 games for them last season was that he was totally shit. So bad that he was booed whenever he touched the ball in one home game I saw in Sky v Ipswich and was then taken off to avoid being sent off.

He was utter cack against us at AG last Boxing Day too.

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well that's just great :sad26:

And now that that deal has fallen through in such a public manner can I take this opportunity to announce that my Weston beach franchise remains for sale and I am open to any reasonable offers.

how many donkeys are included?

Archived