IGNORED

Joey (he's one of our own) Bryan is no defender

AppyDAZE

The problem is that whenever Bryan plays left back we get a thread on here about how he isn't a full back, is dodgy defending and should be played on the wing...

A week later however he plays on the wing and we get a thread on here about how he is one dimensional in attack, irregular crossing and should be played at full back.

He is 23 years old and no one knows, including LJ (who may say that he thinks Joe is a left back but still plays him on the wing) and probably Bryan himself, what his best position is. For me we have to revert to 3-5-2 to get the best out of Joe again. It is that or suffer him at left back to allow him to settle there and improve (I'm sure he will) without him playing left wing every other game. 

3 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Seems daft that you gave us Cunningham for free and are now playing a lad who's far more effective further forward at left back. Surely this position is one you will be looking at in January?

Cunningham is one of our biggest regrets. Still furious to this day that we let him go.

2 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

He signed a new 3 year deal with us a couple of months ago. If there's a better left back in this division I'm yet to see him to be honest.

Cotterill got rid of him to play his stupid wingback system that collapsed almost instantly. We always have a habit of having good players and either making them mediocre or releasing them to go and be amazing elsewhere.

Archived