IGNORED

This makes FOR awful reading SO don't read this whatever you DO

EnclosureSurge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38279211

Jonathan Kodjia's powerful low shot was enough to secure Aston Villa's second Championship away win of the campaign at strugglers QPR.

Not the Kodge bit, but the fact we sold the one player who can a) shoot, b) shoot powerfully and c) shoot powerfully and score. Sniff sob.

I don't think it was a bad decision to sell him but the timing was awful. Not the clubs fault though. He didn't want to be here and we got stupid money. Are we worse off not having him? Of course but I'm not sure he'd have been scoring for us if we made him stay. Just not enough time to replace him. 

3 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

But he's clearly the only one who knows how to shoot! He could have at least left his 'shooting boots' at the Gate for someone else to wear...

watched the game , yes he scored but missed quite a few as well. I think our problems are with us fans , rather than shout shoot, shout score if you are behind the goal and can see its going wide or over suck or blow as appropriate.

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

watched the game , yes he scored but missed quite a few as well. I think our problems are with us fans , rather than shout shoot, shout score if you are behind the goal and can see its going wide or over suck or blow as appropriate.

Think you've nailed it fella. It's time for us fans to be the '12th man'.

We need lessons now for the people in the SS and the Atyeo. One spokesperson per stand shouts suck or blow and the whole stand responds. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don't think it was a bad decision to sell him but the timing was awful. Not the clubs fault though. He didn't want to be here and we got stupid money. Are we worse off not having him? Of course but I'm not sure he'd have been scoring for us if we made him stay. Just not enough time to replace him. 

I fully agree it was a great bit of business to sell him but question the club's decision to not have a contingency plan to replace him. It was not a total shock to me when Villa came in with an offer. Surely somebody at BCFC should have considered we may lose him to another club and put plans in place for a permanent goalscoring replacement?

8 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

I fully agree it was a great bit of business to sell him but question the club's decision to not have a contingency plan to replace him. It was not a total shock to me when Villa came in with an offer. Surely somebody at BCFC should have considered we may lose him to another club and put plans in place for a permanent goalscoring replacement?

They may have had contingency plans that they couldn't get over the line. I'll give them a pass on it. Player didn't want to be here, we got an offer we couldn't refuse and that would pay for 90% of our summer transfers and a few days left to get a striker. It was risky and it didn't work out but it had to be done. You can be critical of the club for many different reasons I just don't think you can in this case. 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Think you've nailed it fella. It's time for us fans to be the '12th man'.

We need lessons now for the people in the SS and the Atyeo. One spokesperson per stand shouts suck or blow and the whole stand responds. 

I think I am going to enjoy the match day experience much more now but can you replace the hairy bikers around me with nubile young women?

7 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38279211

Jonathan Kodjia's powerful low shot was enough to secure Aston Villa's second Championship away win of the campaign at strugglers QPR.

Not the Kodge bit, but the fact we sold the one player who can a) shoot, b) shoot powerfully and c) shoot powerfully and score. Sniff sob.

And, d) had some pace. I think Tammy's early season form papered over the fact that, whilst this may have been good business (if we stay up!) it was awful timing and left a massive hole in our plans with no plan B. 

Archived